This is the upgraded/finished version of my build here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/YvwV3C
- I got the g4560 for the same price as my g4400 and it seems to be performing quite a bit better. It's a great budget option and seems to be a good match for my RX 470.
- I also got the Cryorig m9 because I wanted a cheap, good looking CPU cooler and this was the only one I could find that did both these things. I think It looks great and really helps to make my pc look more like a high end one.
- I decided to get 12GB of RAM because I had already bought a 4GB stick and wanted to be able to play some forza horizon 3 on this PC
- I also got the sleeved extensions I wanted for the 24-pin, 8-pin PCIe and 8-pin EPS cables and they look awesome. The EPS cable doesn't quite match the others but its not very noticeable so I'm not too bothered by it.
- Also got an RGB LED strip for my case that can be controlled with the button on it. It was only about £8 and makes my build look better IMO.
I killed my Mobo and PSU with a faulty fan splitter off amazon so they had to be replaced but they don't pay out for whats broken so I had to shell out another £55 for a motherboard. It was the cheapest compatible one I could find and just so happens to have an M.2 port so if I want I could get a cheap m.2 ssd (something like an intel 600p or maybe a sandisk one). Thankfully they accepted my return for the PSU so that saved me about £30.
This is probably it for now. Might see what Zen does to shake up intel's pricing but I'm not too bothered really as I won't need another upgrade for a while hopefully. Might want a fan splitter though because I'm not running any chassis fans at the minute.
Awesome CPU for the money. Good for most 1080p gaming and only £50!
Nice looking, quiet CPU cooler. My g4560 is always at about 50 degrees Celsius so it seems ok but the fan speed is at like 3rpm.
Cheapest motherboard I could find. Nice it has an m.2 slot.
RAM is RAM. It works fine.