add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xbox One backwards compatibility and Fallout 4 mods

Kumiko

52 months ago

What do you think about it? I love that they are making it backwards compatible, but I don't really care for the mods because consoles are simply very limited with resources. You can't just upgrade, so to use any high-res texture mods is to give up smooth gameplay and FPS. :(

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

i think i am glad i sold my xbox 1 because to me that is bs. all they needed was a driver update to make them backwards compatible but waited till it now.

but as for fallout 4. OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait for this game. the game would have been cool by itself, but i can build my own towns and use my collectors edition pip boy in game, hell yes.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

but i can build my own towns and use my collectors edition pip boy in game

Huh? Some new info got released that it's going to allow you to build a town in-game?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Was shown at e3 yesterday. You can build your own town and everything in it and you defend it against raiders etc.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome!

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

As awesome as this is I hope they don't base the entire game around it.

You were out adventuring for too long. All your population died in a raider attack.

Main Quest line

Collect clocks and build a toilet for your town Talk to this person to raise the standing of your town
Kill 3 Rad Roaches threatening your town

My main point being. I liked being a lone wandering survivor in the wasteland. I hope having to maintain a town doesn't keep dragging me back every 30 minutes to fill up their water tank.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd imagine it'd be tacked on to some degree so you'll have the ability to go pretty deep into this or you could wander. I doubt you'll be forced to ever build a town is what I'm meaning.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I read into it and it is a completely optional addition to the game. Has its own quests and perks of doing so but is not required in any play through.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Its in the trailer.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

i think i am glad i sold my xbox 1 because to me that is bs. all they needed was a driver update to make them backwards compatible but waited till it now.

It's a good sign for PCs, because it means that they are now realizing they made a big mistake not having Backwards Compatability (BC) and that they just made PCs more appealing than ever. Valve must have been so happy when they heard no BC for this generation. And they are probably laughing at the BC announcement.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

:D <3 Fallout 4

I would have kept it for console exclusives and just to have a backup platform/game system I guess.

I love what they've done with Fallout 4 :) (Build your own custom town with people and defending from raiders ^ The crafting and weapon mods have been completely redone as well which I also love. I hope I can get the collector's edition with the pip-boy.... so excited!)

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Steam tried to charge for mods... It didn't work on PC because it's always been free and it's a great community that stuck together. You think Microsoft are going to give it a bash because console junkies don't know any better? I'm sure it says in the Microsoft terms of service that no modding of any sort on consoles is allowed. Must be a money thing.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

If they try to charge for mods, done. That's just pathetic if they try to do that considering the company makes billions every year. (or at least millions I'm sure)

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

If people are willing to pay then microsoft will lap it up. I'm sure a lot of people who always wanted to play mods but only ever had consoles would rather spend $2.99 on 1 or 2 mods for the console than have to build a PC. That would sadly be the beginning of the end.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah :(

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you feel that the "PC Exclusive" Dayz, is coming to consoles now

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Will it still be in alpha? xD

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I was about to say it shouldn't even be released until Dayz gets out of alpha XD

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

The day consoles start doing pre purchase is the day I buy unicorn and run off into the sunset topless and screaming. The world doesn't need that sort of negativity.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Get ready to start running, they announced they were going to start pre-purchase yesterday

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't mind me. I'm just going saddle shopping...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome :) Just hope there's no cross-platform servers, and that it runs smoothly with good optimization.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube