add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte or Asus?

Kumiko

55 months ago

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

I'd go for the ASUS. The A series boards are really versatile all-around boards.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say the only problem with asus is that their customer service is very bad this days compare to gigabyte... Other than that Asus make the best motherboards.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

I emailed ASUS customer service for a minor issue (wasn't sure where the power/reset switch headers were on my Z87-A), and they were very good about solving it quickly.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

their biggest problem is when you need to RMA.... I hope I never have too....

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes.

There's no wrong answer for these boards. You'll be happy with any of them.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

But wouldn't and Asus Motherboard last longer and/or be more reliable? I really want that Gigabyte mobo, but if Asus is better, I'll go with Asus.

• 55 months ago
  • 4 points

What is better Ford or Chevy? Asus and Gigabyte are the first and second largest m/bd manufacturers. Both are excellent, to the point that they are interchangeable in terms of quality and reliability. Instead of worrying about those things, look at features, layout and price.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Ford is better. Thanks for advice :3

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

nope. as as for hardware, the Z97X Gaming 5 is the best hardware and vrm on a motherboard in it's price range, as is usually the case with Gigabyte.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome :3

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

I've used boards from both Asus and Gigabyte in the past. The last two builds I've completed (my wife's and my own) were built with Gigabyte borads. Mine is over five years old now and still going strong. My wife's is a little over two years old and still going strong too.

If you're favoring the Gigabyte board over the Asus, get the Gigabyte board. If you favor the Asus over Gigabyte, get it instead. As dimwit said:

• There's no wrong answer for these boards. You'll be happy with any of them.
  • 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Asus makes Great Products. BUT, they seem to be pricing very High (in my humble opinion).

I've used Gigabyte for a Long time, and had very little issues..

ASRock is what has had my eye lately though, and what will likely be the backbone of my next build..

Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock .. Most of the time any of the Big 4 Will get the Job Done.. EVGA is also making some strides in the Mother Board Market..

Normally things like Fan Header Placement, Features Provided, and the over all Look of the Board help make my decision..

Hope this Helps....

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

of course. it's the same with Corsair and other market leaders (except Asus really makes solid products and many seem to improve vs older models instead of replace them with worse things like Corsair) and they charge a "brand tax" while comparable products from competitiors can be found much cheaper.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Interesting~

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

IIRC, ASRock is actually a part of Asus, and usually a little cheaper than the Asus products.... kind of like Allstate and eSurance.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the input :) I think I'll go with Gigabyte to save a little money and for better sound quality. I don't care much about how the motherboard looks because I won't be seeing it. Though I do want a case I can see inside of... But it will be glowing Neon Pink so meh~

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube