add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Lightning R9 290X VS Sapphire R9 290X

Kumiko

51 months ago

Which has better cooling and simply better overall? Model # may be important. (I was told the MSI Lightning is best R9 290X, but I just wanted to confirm which version of R9 290X is best. I made a quick search to see which is best and people are saying Sapphire has the best cooling and OC abilities.)

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

The Sapphire Vapor-X is the coolest card as it features a vapor chamber within the heatsink.

The MSI Lightning is the best chip. The lightning range is MSI's best binned chips that they've collected over a while and will OC harder.

I'd personally go for the Lightning edition seeing as it's also very good as dissipating heat and it's a higher spec. (Most of the time) chip

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for info :) I will probably go with the Sapphire because I don't plan to OC although it would be nice to be able to with a decent amount of increased raw power.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube