add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Installed new SSD and HSF, PC boots, then darkness, details inside.

combataran

55 months ago

Hey guys

The first boot after installation got it to the OS login screen, everything looked fine as I typed in the password the screen went dark and said "No signal". I tried a restart. Nothing happens. I tried to force shutdown. Power button LED still on, no shutdown, no click sound. I pull the plug on the PSU. I plug it in again. I pushed the power button. Fans start to spin at max speed(HSF and rear fan). Activity indicator shows a solid. Plugged in my phone cable. Phone doesn't charge, which means IO isn't responding. Switched cables for the GPU, from VGA to HDMI, still no signal. Reseated the RAM, to no effect. Pulled out the SSD tried booting it again. Nothing.

What could be the problem? I've done all that I know to pinpoint the problem, and it looks like it's either the CPU got borked somehow when I booted the first time, or my Mobo's fried. If the RAM was borked it wouldn't even boot, been there, done that.

Update: I shorted the CMOS jumpers, removed the CMOS batt, held the power button down for a few seconds and left it for a few minutes (after unplugging the PSU). Now the power button won't even light up. The fans on the HSF and GPU still run though, as do the activity monitor. Still a solid.

Final Update: Apparently the CPU was being reseated every time there was movement due to the massive HS, causing it to disconnect from the socket. I found that out after removing the HS, as the CPU popped out along with it. Reinstalled the stock HS, and everything works again. Thanks for your advice, guys.

Right, parts. What was I thinking:

• AMD FX6300
  • Kingston HyperX 8GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • Crucial MX100 256GB
  • MSI 970A-G43
  • Noctua NH-D14
  • Sapphire R9 270X
  • Corsair CS650M

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe you've got a damage monitor cable or the cable that connects to your monitor and video card is not functioning properly... try checking your monitor cables if its properly connected and to make sure it does not have damages...

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I checked both the cables and monitors, double checked with second set of cables and monitor, the problem's on my end.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

How about reseating Your GPU.. to see if it works...

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you enter a parts list so we know which components you are working with.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Parts list added.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you made sure you're using the latest BIOS to make sure your CPU is compatible with the Motherboard as many 970 based boards need a BIOS update to work with Vishera CPUs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube