add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case/Chassis Search Function

whosemaxwell

62 months ago

Hi All,

I think this site would be better if we had a better search option for cases/chassis. I've been looking to get a slimmer ITX build and I think the following sort options would make the search for a case easier:

Video Card Slider (Length): For length of video card.

Video Card Slider (# of Slots): For some ITX cases that don't take dual or triple slot cards.

Case Width Slider:

Case Height Slider:

Case Length Slider:

PSU Type: Tick a box of SFX or regular PSU.

Liters: To help denote the size of the computer case/chassis.

These are just my thoughts at the moment. I've been looking at so many ITX boards and it all seems promising till you get to the video card length.

Thoughts. Cheers.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

GPU length is autofiltered based on the card you have selected

Expansion slot slider is coming. We had to retrofit some additional information but it should all be in place now

For dimensions you can currently filter them on the detailed spec tab

PSU type is definitely one we can consider adding

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool man thank you. Actually I just tried the dimensions thing cause I had never seen it. I guess my feedback would be that a slider system would work better. I've now sorted cases by width and I can see the ones that are approx 6-7" wide but can't filter out cases that are 12'" deep and preferably 14" tall. So I have to go through 40 cases to find the ones that meet my other criteria.

Thanks for responding to my initial question. Keep up the good work.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and sorry but do you think year of manufacture would work. I'd say there has been a huge shift in the last few years in terms of case design which can be compared to cars in the 80's to today. I've been clicking on lots of cases and hot damn some of remind me of old compaq presarios from 1998.

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha cheers mate but I'm going with the (4.13") ML07b. Just explaining my thought process on some search tweaks.

[comment deleted]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not obvious where the detailed spec tab is? I think dimensions are important enough to include in the normal page...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube