add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Liquid Cooled AMD FX-Series CPU Teased by AMD Insider

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

its the re-release of the 9590 with a cooler master 120L

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep...

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

This confuses me; if it is what welshdiesel says, then it's not actually new product; when the 9590 and 9370 came out, they were both sold in bundles with a 120mm AIO water cooling loop. This would be no different.

My guess is that if this really is a new CPU, and not just a rerelease with new water cooling components, or a mistaken article entirely, it will be a 220W CPU with 4 or 6 cores clocked near 5Ghz. Basically, it's going to be a 9590 with some cores disabled.

If the price is really competitive due to that drop in core count, it could be a somewhat interesting proposition for those with the motherboard and PSU to handle it - but staying at such a high TDP would mean that few budget users would find it a compelling product - and enthusiast users already have the 8320, 8350, 9370, and 9590 at all price levels to consider, so why should they step down from those options?

Pricing will be everything with this, if it is actually a new part.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Which is kinda interesting since the original 9370 and 9590 already comes with stock liquid CPU cooler.

I think it's either a liquid version of a disabled 9590, or a liquid version of a glorified 9590.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

pretty much, yep.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

it is the same product. only thing is different is the cooler because the original came with a different (cheaper) water cooler. and the solder is a little more mature so its might( very small might) result in a .1 ghz increase. thats all folks.

but now the actual beneficial parts. what it does do is lower the price of the 9590. this should provide a decrease in price fro the 8320 and 8350. maybe just $5-10 dollars but anything counts.

now my last point. this is not amds fault. this is the consumers fault. they originally came out with 8320 and 8350. 8350 being the exact same chips but different bios and hopes of higher overclock. and the consumers ate it up. so amd being amd saw people paying extra for high clock. now we have these to guarantee a higher clock. most people know the 8350 is the same as 8320 but choose the 8350 anyway. im not bashing anything but i know people will be bashing the 9590 and there's no need. also i dont want to hear how better at power consumption intel is because the 4790k consumes 219w at 4.8 ghz

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Not to bash AMD, but the 9590 CAN be bashed because it has a prohibitive stock TDP.

That being said, the reason people will buy (and I will sometimes recommend) an 8350 over an 8320, or a 9590 over an 8320, is because that additional clock speed is guaranteed. If you really need those extra Ghz, and taking a risk with an OC and attendant instability isn't an option, then you have to go with the higher-clocked chip, even if it is "the same."

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

you got all that from that little article?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube