add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Athlon X4 760k vs. Pentium G3528

NanoTechno

66 months ago

As the title suggest, which one is better?

I haven't seen many benchmarks since the pentium is scheduled to release at June 20, 2014.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm also curious of this. Personally I think the Pentium will do better than the 760K in most games because still most games only use 2 cores. I'm more curious of how it will stack up to the 760K in bf4 and other games that use more than 2 cores. I guess this includes BF4, Watch Dogs, Crysis and what else?

I think if you get this thing to around 4.5-4.8, you will see very little in the way of a bottleneck using a GTX 780 or R9-290. (I may be wrong so don't quote me)

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't forget about caches, the Athlon has 2x2MB L2 Cache while the Pentium has 1x3MB L3.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Games are actually starting to more frequently use more than 2 cores. But going the i3 route is still faster and cheaper. Also contrary to beleif, hyper-threading does impact fps performance slightly if optimized.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/pentium-g3258-overclocking-performance,3849.html

Overclocked pentium g3258 is a little slower/on par with an i3 but has more power consumption and costs a little more (Z series motherboard and heatsink for overclocking).

Edit: overclocked g3258/i3 is still faster than a athlon ii x4 760k.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 66 months ago
  • 1 point

What I'm thinking is that, now over clocking is possible on h series mobos, get the pentium now and you can upgrade it in the future. AMD socket is dead, and doesn't appear to outperform the pentium in any significant way

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Its still a little gray. K series or pentium g3258 but nothing completely confirmed. Except the overclocking part (but to what extent?).

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2014/06/18/asus-to-unlock-overclocking-on-non-z-series/1

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Athlon when needing a great functionoing build

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Kind of sort of comparison:

A locked Pentium vs 760 gaming.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Building-Gaming-PC-1080p-Under-550

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube