add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help creating a Gaming PC for approximately $2000 AUD

TheConfusedBuilder
  • 13 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to the building a PC scene, and so was looking for help picking the most suitable parts. I am in Australia, and am looking to play newer games (i.e. Re2, Red Dead 2)i n the highest quality that won't put me too far over budget, as well as modding older games (Fallout NV, Skyrim) . I have a keyboard, mouse and OS, but am looking for a new monitor. I am aiming for a budget of around $2000 but i am open to pushing up to around $2500 with a decent monitor.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 13 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, is there any particular reason I would pick AMD over Intel or vice versa?

• 13 days ago
  • 2 points

Double amount of threads in Ryzen can be helpful in some tasks and also comes with a decent(far from amazing though)stock cooler eliminating the need to spend extra money on on cooler.

You may wish to purchase aftermarket cooler anyway,but I think every AMD boxed cooler deserves a chance. It is proven that they are good enough no matter what some PC enthusiasts might claim. They aren't great for OC-ing though. Not that overclocking Ryzen 3000 Zen 2 CPUs(3200 and 3400 are NOT Zen 2)will yeald some special performance improvements.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube