add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How or what's the best way to overclock your CPU?

yognying59
  • 13 days ago

How to overclock a 3700x best?

Comments

• 12 days ago
  • 2 points

Put a very good CPU cooler on it, and let the boost algorithms do their thing.

• 13 days ago
  • 1 point

Auto turbo boost is pretty good iirc, only like .1ghz behind a manual oc, I would just make sure you have a good cooler and let it do its thing.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Auto turbo boost? What's that?

someone told me to do PBO instead.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

I've only got 1st gen ryzen which is a little different but the auto turbo boost is ... uh ... exactly what it says it is? :D An automatic adjustment to top end clock speed, usually based on how good your cooling is.

This video is kinda long (36 min) but goes into a lot of detail and provides benchmarks that basically show pbo isn't worth it, the video is also a little old now (~7 months) so maybe things have changed via bios updates but as this video stands you're better of just using a good cooler and not bothering with pbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7NzNi1xX_4

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

In short, dont overclock 3rd gen ryzen processors. You will end up with unfavourable performance loss. Let auto boost do all the boosting it needs.

Unlike the blue team, AMD uses preconfigured and complex algorithms to determine how well the CPU sparks up. There's a whole bunch of functions which make up the algorithm which is designed to feed a sweet balance between single threaded and multi-threaded performance. Put a finger in the worx and you'll lose the balance.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

auto boost? what's that?

PBO? how do i do auto boost? someone told me to do pbo

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

With Zen 2, There are some gains to be made with speedy RAM that has lower cas latencies but other than that all you can do is put a good CPU cooler on the Ryzen 3000 series CPU. AMD has wrung all the performance it can out of Ryzen with PBO.

• 12 days ago
  • 1 point

Pho vs auto turbo boost?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube