add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB Sync with case, GPU, and motherboard

FlickBait

19 days ago

Hi, I'm planning a build, and would like to be able to sync RGB's with the motherboard, GPU, and case fans using the RGB controller implemented by a button on the case, such as the Cooler Master H500M. I know I can use a hub and easily control the case fans, but RGB motherboards and GPUs generally use software for this. Is this possible to do, with or without modding? I don't want to use software to control these because most RGB control software is unavailable on linux.

Comments

• 17 days ago
  • 1 point

As far as I know you are going to have to use the software to control the RGB on a motherboard and GPU. With the GPU, you maybe able to unplug the RGB from the GPU and plug it into a control, but that is going to depend on the individual GPU.

• 17 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, is it possible to find out whether this is possible without physically disassembling the GPU? I'm planning to get a Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 2080 super and I want to know whether this is possible.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Graphics-Card/GV-N208SAORUS-WB-8GC#kf

• 17 days ago
  • 1 point

You would have to try and find a tear down video for it to see how the RGB is connected....and then figure out if you can rig a connector and if the control would work.

For all that work downloading the software is far less trouble.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube