add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

upgrading from a i5-7500K

ocimon15
  • 4 months ago

Hello friends,

I am looking to upgrade my CPU from a i5-7500. Since the game I play (Counter-strike Global Offensive) is a high CPU demanding game, I think that would help with the game quality.

Which CPU would you guys recommend? I have a GTX 1060 GPU.

I am not looking to replace my motherboard.

thanks a lot!

Oli

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

You mean i5-7600K?

CSGO:- is there another version of the game? If it is the game I think it is I have got a dual core i3 running this at over the refresh of 165Hz monitor. If you are having trouble with this game I think the fault lies elsewhere.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your answer. It is i5-7500. My game doesn't have a ''Fault'' I just want the gameplay to feel better and smoother. I have a 144hz monitor already. Do you think there is a CPU that would fit my motherboard that could get me better results?

Thanks!

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

In all honesty, your i5-7500 should soundly beat an i3-7320 in a gaming scenario. The i3-7320 with GTX 1650 and 8GB of Ram runs CSGO higher than the refresh of my 165Hz monitor. Your hardware is superior to this PC.

Use a hardware monitor software and something like MSI Afterburner. Look at what is happening when you play. Pay attention to everything, Ram usage etc etc. You may find the fault.

It is not beyond reason that the game might be running off HD graphics of the CPU instead of GPU. I cannot see the CPU being a problem here.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I will try that. Thank you friend

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Just lower the graphic settings to low and you should have 200-300 fps. Unless you have mutiple applications running in the background.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Try the latest drivers.

Fixed Issues in this Release

[CS:GO]: The game experiences performance drops in certain CPU-limited cases. [2682973]

https://www.techpowerup.com/261075/nvidia-releases-geforce-441-20-whql-drivers

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

You may get better results switching to a 240hz monitor than a new CPU, tbh.

CSGO is indeed much more CPU-bound than GPU, but that's only in the relative sense.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel 8th / 9th gen is not supported on skylake / kabylake boards

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube