add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

November 8, 2019 prayer request for friend and his mother.

Gooberdad

29 days ago

I am requesting prayer for a close friend and his mother.

Scott Cecil and his mom lost David Cecil this week to cancer. David is Scott's father.

David had been diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a couple of years back, but they hadn't noticed the cancer in the same organ. Until about 3 weeks ago. He was told it was inoperable/untreatable cancer and he had between 4-12 weeks left.

David was a old school cool dad. He loved his son and wife, and making people laugh. The man liked to drive around in a metallic purple, customized, chop top, lowered 1949 hot rod Mercury that Scott built for him. He had a siren under the hood that kids loved for him to use. Sounded like an old time fire truck. Christ is his savior and he is now in the arms of Lord Jesus. He is greatly missed, but knowing he knew Jesus comforts his family as fellow believers. Meeting back up on the other side of eternity is such a blessing. So now is the time for mourning and condolences but with hope. Hope in salvation through Christ Jesus.

Please pray for Scott and his mother as they navigate this difficult time.

Thank you.

Comments

• 29 days ago
  • 4 points

They are in my thoughts as I wish them the best in their turmoil.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you.

• 29 days ago
  • 4 points

May he rest in peace and his family find the strength to continue on as well as they can during this difficult time.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you, and amen

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

You got it

I'm not really religious nowadays, but i'll do it anyway, and I wish them the best in these times

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

God give strength to the Cecils. Hope you're OK as well during this difficult time.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Well said and thank you. I'm ok. I got to meet them last night. We ended up telling each other funny stories about good times with mr. Cecil and laughing. It was good to see them both smile.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

They are in my Prayers. May they find strength and peace.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

May he rest in peace, and his family to navigate through these tough times.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Amen.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

I'm not religious and don't pray, but I'm wishing them well and would ask of the God they believe in to look after & protect them.

• 29 days ago
  • 3 points

Thank you.

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

They will be in my heart

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you.

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

All the well wishes in the world out to them, as they battle what i am sure will be a up hill battle.

• 28 days ago
  • 3 points

Thank you.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Man, that sucks dude. Ill keep them in my prayers.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

RIP David Cecil.

• 24 days ago
  • 2 points

Thank you.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

:D

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like a man with a insta pass into heaven. I hope Scott and his mother do well. Im not very good at this but I felt like they deserve even this lowly souls blessing.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

[comment deleted]
  • 29 days ago
  • 4 points

Not the time or place. Please try to be respectful.

• 29 days ago
  • 4 points

Not the right time to spam emoticons and "F"

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Please just delete this post

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube