add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan mixing

PeroMenalo

2 months ago

Quick question for the people (far) smarter than me

I purchased a Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB and bought new fans that Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000, from what I saw, have a far better static pressure (and CFM) as a replacement for what comes with the aforementioned

My question is, do I need to match the fans if I was to do a Push/Pull Scenario on the radiator? I was thinking about getting something else with a bit of RGB for aesthetic purposes, but nothing really matches the numbers of the above fan. I understand I can lower the RPM of the fans, but should it need to ramp up, would the radiator as an obstruction be enough to, well, obstruct some of the airflow so that the "pull" fans aren't, for lack of a better term, overworked from the amount of air coming their way?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It will work but if one fan is a lot different rpm the slower fan would become redundant. It depends on how resistant the radiator is to airflow, more resistant it may still help to have 2nd slower fan. Maybe a pain to setup but you could test it easy enough running a bench at a set fan speed with/without the 2nd fans and check temps. I doubt it would bother the 'loafing' slower fan to have air blown at it, unless it is so slow it actually obstructs flow. Again a greater the restriction from the radiator would make it work better, sort of. If the new fans are only 25% more cfm it may not be an issue for example as the radiator likely gets rid of that advantage.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube