add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help finding a 2-pin fan splitter.

Alpha_Gametauri

1 month ago

I'm trying to upgrade something that is having a bit of cooling issues. I wanted to add a 2nd fan to it and the issue is there is only one 2-pin plug. And i'm having trouble finding a 2-pin splitter to power the fan that is in here ( It's an out-take fan ) and i wanted to add my own intake fan. I've looked and can only find 3-4pin splitters. But the plug is 2 pin. Help please?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I got a 3 pin on ebay with a low/high/off switch for DC fans, it will run 2 pin old fans. It was really cheap. It worked great in an old sff to run a small fan on lower speed. Eventually I found the original fan for it and put that in. Look this up on ebay "8 Way 3 gear PC PCI Cooler Cooling Fan Speed Controller Hub Power Adapter" You use the 2 pins on right with those 3 pin, center is 12v. Note you can get them with a molex or a sata power connector. You have to mount or tape it so pins can't contact anything inside.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube