add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Questions about my build's fans...

jennings92

1 month ago

Okay. So I have made a bit of progress on my build since my last post, but I am now faced with an issue that has got me a little confused. (Go easy on me as this will be my 1st build & I'm still learning a few things along the way.) I pretty much have all the parts/components gathered that I will need for my build. However, I was told by a BestBuy agent that I will need the Corsair Commander Pro for my particular build.

So, here are my questions:

1. Do I need both the Lighting Node Pro & the Commander Pro since I want full RGB & fan control?

2. Would I need the fan hub that comes with my case or not?

3. In regards to the 1st question, if I need both, how do they connect to each other? Like in what order?

Here is the link to my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6Wdbtp

If you need any other details or need to ask me anything, feel free to drop me a line & I'll be sure to get back to you. Thank you to anyone who might be able to help! :)

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point
  1. The Commander Pro does both. The Lighting Node Pro only does RGB.

2. You need the hub; the hub should be plugged into the Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro.

3. Having both would be redundant.

4. Your case comes with a Lighting Node Pro.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube