add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nintendo switch

DashMatters

1 month ago

İ picked up a New switch last month and im about to finish Zelda BOTW. i want New games but im not sure what to get. İm looking for cheap but long rpgs,survival games and so on. Any suggestions on what i can buy next?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Super Mario Maker 2 offers essentially endless playability. I would consider it to be of excellent value.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I'm about 150 hours into it and maybe halfway through? Although I end up being a bit OCD about resource management so that might account for 30% of my time.

Hyrule Warriors is a good Dynasties Warriors type game and takes a pretty long time to unlock everything. Barely barely an RPG.

Dragon Quest 11 is supposed to be good too.

Final Fantasy X/X2 and Final Fantasy 12 have ports to the Switch.

The Witcher 3 is a huge long game. Although while it running on the switch is a technical achievement I've been playing it on the PC and that's probably the better platform for it.

Link's Awakening is out too, so it won't be cheap. And certainly not as long as BOTW, but it is one of my favorite Zelda games after Ocarina of Time.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

if you're bored and have no money left, play warframe

that's all i can say.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You're done with BotW after a month? How many hours do you have in game? Did you get the DLC?

Idk how old you are, but Square Enix has been porting some of their classic RPGs to the system. If you don't mind retro graphics and haven't played them before, Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 are all on the system now and are worth playing. They're pretty cheap too.

Check out Cosmic Star Heroine. It's a retro JRPG in the style of Chrono Trigger. It's cheap, frequently on sale, and comes from a small team with a good pedigree.

If you are looking for more action RPGs, and for some reason haven't played it yet, there's always Skyrim... lol. Also Witcher 3, Diablo 3, but these are all full price games.

Baldur's Gate 1/2 as a package, and Neverwinter Nights, are coming soon. These are going to be $50 release each. These are old school cRPGs. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a modern take on these style of games, and is supposed to be really good.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

İ played like crazy. About 5 hours onweekdays and 6-7 hours on weekends, i just got into university and have a lot of time. İ looked into final fantasies and rhe cosmic star heroine and i like them both. Skyrim or Diablo 3 was an option but im broke :P thanks for the advice!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

About 5 hours onweekdays and 6-7 hours on weekends

Every day? Damn yeah you just put like 150 hours into the game lol. The DLC adds a bunch of tiny quests full of fun armor, and one main quest that imo is pretty cool. Unfortunately most of the armor you find would be most useful at the beginning of the game, and I got the DLC way late myself.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

İ havent even thought About the DLC. İm going to look into that aswell

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Undertale is a good cheap RPG but it's not for everyone or that long. Gets a lot of bad rap because some of it's fan base is extremely toxic but that's not a reason to pass on a singleplayer game. Also if you get the online service you get a bunch of free NES and SNES games, that might be a good idea.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

░░░░░░░░██████████████████
░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██ ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██ ██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██ ██░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░██████░░░░██ ░░██░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░██ ████░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░████ ██░░░░██████████████████████░░░░██ ██░░░░░░██░░██░░██░░██░░██░░░░░░██ ░░████░░░░██████████████░░░░████
░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░██████████████

you are gonna have a good time playing

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Saints Row the Third is on the switch.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Some great RPGs you can play on the Switch that will last you a long time would be Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Dragon Quest XI S, in addition to the ones everyone else has already mentioned. You could also wait for the upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield, and Xenoblade Chronicles HD.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

İ would like to get 1 of those but im broke :P

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy XII, or Fire Emblem: Three Houses are fairly long.

Stardew Valley might be of interest and is relatively cheap.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube