add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What kind of toolkit?

ArcticSpaceBears
  • 5 months ago

I am wondering what kind of toolkit I should buy for building a pc, I do not want to waste money on a huge kit but I do not know the needed tools for building a pc.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Well...

A Philips screwdriver (medium sized with a magnetic tip)

A Needle-Nosed Plier for the jumpers.

Cable ties (the Case may come with some)

An aftermarket heat sink compound (only if you don't wanna use the pre-applied thermal paste)

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

add: a small Philips 0 screwdriver for the m.2 screws, and wire cutters (dikes or flush, doesn't really matter) for snipping zip ties and rarely wires.

You don't really need much for building a PC. If you're dealing with a prebuilt, especially a laptop, you may run into some more exotic screw heads and then a small screwdriver set might be handy.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

a small Philips 0 screwdriver for the m.2 screws,

lol yeah i forgotten that.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah lets come up with this NEW tiny card you slip in, it will be modern and easy and so fast. Then we will put a micro size screw in it so its not easy to deal with LOL!! Why make it lock in like memory or something....that would be too easy, we need to move backwards to keep it fun. I don't get it.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I like to use the small screwdrivers, the kind the end spins often used for electronics. They are nicer for the tiny screws and usually magnetic, sometimes called precision screwdriver. Look on Menards site for this: Tool Shop® 1/8" Precision Screwdriver Set - 6 Piece Get something like that, you only really need the larger Philips most of the time. Then I use flush cutters, or side cutters to cut zipties. I have a PC tool set but I hardly ever use anything from it. I use a normal philips for larger screws such as fan screws.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube