add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can someone ever so kindly make me a weekly diet plan.

Aftoh

2 months ago

Currently out of shape and would like to lose body weight at around 3-4 pounds a week. Problem is i don't have a diet plan and don't know how to construct one that will work along side working on cardio at least 4 of the 7 days a week. Any help and or motivation is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 4 points

Diets are a difficult one. A dietician/nutritionist would probably be ideal to ask; some insurances will pay for their services or weight loss programs.

Besides that, there are a few schools of thought when it comes to dieting. Some people will say cut fat, some say cut carbs, others say follow these guidelines or other. Different things can work for different people. Here are some of my personal tips:

1. Reduce calories. It's not flashy or as attractive as diets that promise 'eat whatever you want!' but it is crucial, especially if you know you overeat and don't really feel full. This doesn't mean starve yourself, it means calculate your necessary calories per day for your size and activity level and start there.

2. If you eat fast food, cut that down or check the nutrition facts first (which, quite frankly, are scary enough to make anyone at all conscious about their intake quit or significantly change their fast food habits).

3. Plan to lose 1% of your body weight a week, maximum. The calorie deficiency of higher amounts can be unhealthy or unsustainable. (Exception: If morbidly obese sometimes the benefits of faster weight loss can outweigh the risks, but very important to talk to a doctor and monitor weight loss and potential side effects)

(Assuming Standard American Diet right now)

1. Cut down on salt. If you use a salt shaker, consider swapping with smaller amounts of potassium salt instead to get your fix.

2. Cut down on sugar and heavily processed food. Check those nutrition facts! Prepackaged meals, soups, candies, etc. can be extremely poor for diet.

3. Invest in an Instant Pot, slow cooker, or rice cooker. You can cook a ton of things in these in a most lazy fashion. Bonus: Some stuff you can make in these is quite cheap. $2 a pound chicken breast, for example.

4. Make sure you are getting enough nutrients- too little of anything can be detrimental. Multivitamins or other supplements can tide you over, but ideally you want to vary your diet some for a mix of nutrition.

5. Talk to your doctor or other medical professional. They will need to know if you make a significant change, as diet can have effects across the body. They should also be able to help with monitoring progress and keeping an eye out for any issues that may arise, especially if your goal is significant.

Now on a personal note, I'm on Keto. It's not for everyone but it's worked very well for me. Keto relies on cutting to a minimum of carbs to shift the body's metabolism. It can be tough, it is drastic, but sometimes that's what a person needs to keep it up. Plus it's lot harder to cheat if a slice of pizza makes you feel ill and could slow down your progress noticeably. Do your research, be prepared, and preferably talk to your doctor before starting on anything so drastic!

Edit: Forgot to mention the most important thing. YOU CAN DO IT!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Find a professional dietician and ask them, they know more than us

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

We are all qualified to advertise G-Fuel to him

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I can’t really help too much, but I can offer a bit of advise.

It might be a bad idea to start a whole new diet all at once, especially if it has a lot of things you wouldn’t normally do. It might work great for a couple weeks or so, but it’s extremely likely that the whole structure will collapse. It might be better to slowly transition into a new diet. This allows the better choices to become more integrated into your life and be less painful overall.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Some simple advice is calories out > calories in. You can eat nothing but oreos and lose weight this way (although it won't be healthy). Using more calories than you take in is how you lose weight. A easy way to do this is to simply cut junk/fast food out of your life.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I know a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight doing Optavia, it's the real deal but I've never done it.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I recommend a whole foods plant based diet. It's working for me, and the evidence shows it's the best for you. I recommend watching this video. It's very informative and explains the difference between this and a vegan diet. And the best part. You can eat as much as you want of most foods in the diet. But if you are working out your limits are a lot more flexible. I know it's a long video but it's worth the watch.

And probably the best part is that if you stay on this it cleans your pallet and foods start to taste different. Since I have been on this I have gone from not liking raw spinach in my salad, to thinking it's pretty good. Fruits taste sweeter due to my vastly decreased sugar intake. And at least I have started to crave things like grapes and berries as opposed to candy or bread. And probably the biggest change is I have stopped craving meat. And for me that's been the most surprising part. Also if you try it, the Whole foods plant based subreddit has some good recipes.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou man, does the video include a timetable type eating plan? Also I’m assuming It explains what to buy

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

No not really a timetable as to when to eat or anything about portions. It just explains what a whole foods plant based diet is, the research and evidence behind it, and yes what to eat(buy). No calorie counting on this diet. Because if you completely switch, at first you will likely only be getting about 1000 calories a day. May sound like a bad thing but you won't be hungry. First week I was on this I only had 800-1200 calories a day. Because I was just eating veggies. And when that happens, your body is forced to start breaking down the fat to supplement for the calories. And this is a good thing. In my first week I lost 5kg. That was without working out. All I did was eat the right stuff. And don't worry about muscle loss. Your body does not start breaking down muscle until you run out of fat. Fat is the highest source of calories between carbs, proteins and fats. Carbs and proteins have 4 calories per gram, but fats have 9 calories per grams. So if you stuff yourself with plant carbs(basically all plant calories are in the form of carbs or protein) you will be able to eat more food than if you ate fats(meat, dairy and the like). So you can eat more, while having less calories. But I wouldn't worry about time tables. Eat when you are hungry. But eat the right stuff as described in the video.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

“First week I was on this I only had 800-1200 calories a day”

Look, if a tank can pull this off, I’m inclined to trust the idea.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

The great part is I wasn't hungry. Salad is very filling while being low on calories. Throw some olives in(or another healthy fat like avocados) to increase the calories a bit while still being health(I highly recommend stuff green olives for salads, or even by themselves as a snack). Some pickles and pickles juice, and my preference is a mix of spinach and romain(usually 2-3 heads of romain and a liberal amount of spinach) and you have the makings of a great salad. Just don't add dressing. That's what the pickle juice is for.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I just do the obvious things, more important to me is realizing that food is the negative here and you simply need to eat less of it. The right mindset helps make it easier. So I just cut down on portion size some reasonable amount, that is calorie cutting and you must do it but don't starve yourself be sensible and work it down. I cut carbs, move to high fiber in anything you can and cut any light color carb down, like eat half as much. Eat lots of salads and green veggies. Cut sugar and sugar drinks and alcohol, candy, etc. I like high fiber bars for snacks, do some no carb meals, move to dollar menu at fast food, etc. Think of ways to cut back on junk and you can eat almost as much. And 1-2 times a week I eat whatever I want, so long as the portion control stays. Again think about your goals, think negative about food or the bad foods, be serious and its not that bad. You can do tricks like using smaller plates at dinner, eating at different times, see how long you can go on snacks, sometimes dinner is only meal I eat. Yes I have snacks and you should not skip meals but it works for me because I am not hungry in the morning, until I eat something. Cutting salt is a good one, sometimes less caffene helps, toss part of your burger bun to cut the carbs, you can think up a lot of things you can do. I'd also keep it low fat within reason, fat is calories, but don't cut everything out or you will hate it and not stick with it. Treat yourself here and there just keep it reasonable. And yes anything out of a box/bag/can is usually not that good for you. It can be hard to figure out meals made from real food, keep working on it.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Talk with a professional health care person before starting any large scale changes. Cut sugar, salt, processed foods. Eat more fresh/frozen veggies. Cut back on fats. No more fast food. It'll get easier to do as you start to see results, be patient, if you're increasing your activity level along with diet changes it'll happen. Everyone will tell you the same things. Buy a good cookbook, learn to make low cal low fat stuff you like. Don't mistake dehydration for weight loss. Do you like Mac and Cheese? Have a little bit and a big fresh veggie salad, you're not punishing yourself, just change.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would agree with everyone stating to consult a dietician, but also do some light research on your own. Remember though, anyone can write anything on the internet....so take everything with a grain of salt.

Michael Pollan once said, "Eat anything you want, just cook it yourself." I think about this message a lot when I think of my own diet.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube