add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some powerful silent fans, recommendations?

FanaticalMunky

1 month ago

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Look at some Noctua fans.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

They are the gold standard most other fans are compared to! lol

What sizes are you looking for OP? We may be able to suggest a few. Budget would also help along with how many you need.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

They are the gold standard most other fans are compared to! lol

lol, yeah that's why. You can't go wrong with Noctua fans.

Good SP and AF ratings, decent noise levels and high quality. You don't need more. :D

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Only downfall is the price, but you do get what you pay for though when you buy a noctua fan.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

but you do get what you pay for

Exactly.

Good stuff was never cheap anyway. lol

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what you want to mount it to.

For watercooling radiators or Cases? What size? 120's? 140's? I'll assume you are talking about 120s right now but the list slightly changes when we talk about 140's. Noctua is nowhere near the best when we talk about 140 fans. Are we talking about PWM or siimple voltage control?

Just saying powerful and silent doesn't give much context. Anyhow here are some suggestions:

NB Eloop, EKW Vandar, Servo Nidec Gentle Typhoon, Phantek ph-f120, and of course the Noctua A12-25.

I despise the Corsair ML's the sound signature really doesn't agree with me but some people love them.

The thing is it's not a question of how they sound at low or medium speeds and the air they push at those normalized speeds. These are all quiet. It's the pitch at load that you need to be able to be good with. Since that is subjective; I would urge you to buy one of each that you come down to want to select, test how they sound at full and then return the rest and order whatever you need for the build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube