add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Fans for Fractal Design Core 500

Aeyix

2 months ago

Looking at an i5-9600k/1660 Ti ITX build and want to mildly overclock. Trying to determine the best fans to help maintain cooling. Noise isn't honestly an issue as a 7 year laptop user. Since the case includes a FD Silent Series R3 140mm fan, I'm thinking of just picking up an additional one for the top of the case since it's $13 on Amazon. I'm not 100% keen on the white blades though but I don't know how visible it'd be through the mesh anyway. I plan on having a Noctua NH-U9S in the build if that matters at all. Should I replace the rear included exhaust fan and go with a different case fan for the top? The mobos available all seem to support 3xPWM fans and from the looks of it, the SSR3 is not PWM. I don't want to go crazy in price and I don't really care about RGB.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I have FC500 and my recommendation is to get 1 or 2 white 120\140 mm fan as exaust on top... I tested temps with different air flows and negative pressure is the best config for this case. For only 3 fan headers you can buy 2 Y splitters and have 4 fans connected easily. If you had better budget i would recommend to replace all fans with 3xNoctua 140mm.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Considering that case has no side window so when the case cover is on you will not even be able to see the fan why would the colour matter? If noise isn't a concern then any fan of the right size with a good CFM rating will work well but if you want crazy performance Noctua does well. I am suggesting these because you are planning a noctua CPU cooler after all!

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/b2vRsY,dwR48d,ntXfrH,Mb4gXL/

The brown ones are super silent like your CPU cooler and all 4 models are PWM too. There are 2 120mm and 2 140mm fans. The black Industrial fans can get really noisy at 3000rpm but look at the sheer airflow they have, I included those as you said noise isn't an issue but if it were me I would go with the brown fans. I like a silent PC and you have an option to do just that too. Well the loudest part will end up being the GPU lol.

If you just want to go super cheap then here are some less than $10 fans that are PWM too: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/hhbp99,KzQypg/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube