add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

One case fan not spinning

Average_Jim

2 months ago

Hello, i have a PC case, it is the DeepCool Matrexx 70 ADD RGB, Sometimes my front three fans are always on and sometimes my bottom fan of the three that pulls air through the shroud isnt on, when going into Asus fan expert and turning on the "Full Speed" Setting it turns on, sometimes when it isnt spinning it tries to turn but stops, there is nothing blocking the fan

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say when it's not geting the full 12 volts their not enough power to make the fan motor turn the fan. This can very from fan to fan as all of them will react a bit different even the same fans. I would contact the manufacturer and try for a replacement.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

How are the fans connected? Is each fan connected to a separate pin header on the MB? Maybe you didn't plug it in all the way. Are the fans 3 pins or 4 pin PWM? And I would check what Zerk2012 says. Maybe it really doesnt get enough juice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube