add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU freezing after playing some

connor333
  • 6 months ago

Completely sick to my stomach, as this build has been such a pain since last December.

1080ti sc2: Originally worked for few months then game would freeze when things started warming up. I kept a close eye on temp and everything seemed just fine (never reached 75 degrees).

RMA'd and got a 'new,' GPU of same model in April. Worked great until once again, a few months later. Note: When I had fans spinning 100%, games wouldn't freeze.

The first GPU was a used mining card so I figured that i took a risk there, but the one that came in RMA looked brand spanking new. So now I'm wondering if there's a flaw in my system that's causing the GPU to break. Any ideas? Temps are low enough, plenty of air, etc.

I'm currently performing a clean install of drivers to see if that helps any. If not, I guess it's another RMA.

Update: I installed my gtx 970 into same build, working no prob.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

you pc spec. please

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Use DDU- follow directions. "Could" be a software conflict'

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i did that. Clean install. Even installed on a diff. hard drive. Same crap.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

possibly the ram ? high latency with a moderate speed- not of the greatest quality- it's "possible" it can't keep up with the 1080 ti. idk-anything is possible. those parts "should" work as they're from the same era. ram going bad?- not able to keep up with the 1080ti but is with the 970? idk-possible. asrock has "seemingly" been finicky- the last few years. if you dated the drivers for the gpu, pch, and they're "might" be a conflict because asrock is what they are,that youre running drivers that will conflict with older hardware that is "written" for newer hardware. idk anything is possible.. Peace.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I would use older drivers in a situation like this. That's me though, "to each their own". Good luck.,

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube