add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Senior Year

JCMsergox

3 months ago

I'm a day late on making this topic, but I have just started my senior year. I will admit, I took a bit of an unintentional hiatus from PCPP the last few months. I'm likely to increase my activity now that I'll have time to kill in class. How's everyone been?

Those academic veterans here, any advice? Senior year is kind of a big deal. Those who are joining me in the Class of 2020, or in classes of '21, '22, '23, or beyond, how are you all feeling?

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 4 points

Welcome back.

I guess you could say I am in my senior year being that I will graduate this year(Getting a GED so I can graduate early and not go through the bullcrap of getting a diploma as a homeschooler). But I will also be starting college right after U get the GED. So this will be my senior and freshman year.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

It may be a big deal now, while you are in it, but trust me, years later you won't remember any of it.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Hell, I just graduated in May and I hardly remember anything we did.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Ha ha

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, I’m in senior year. I get to graduate a year early, so that’s nice. Don’t know where you live, but make sure you are signed up for any tests you need for college if you are going the college route. It’s best to send in some requests early.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Already been doing that, partner

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

That’s great! I suppose we should both just try not to fall behind then.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm a senior, I just want to get it over with already.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I can relate. High school has been a sluggishly long hellhole for me. I'd like to get out and get into a decent college, with competent classmates who care more about learning rather than being obnoxious like most high schoolers these days.

Sips boomer juice

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm Scared, After this theres no more school, just life, and that scares me.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Im looking forward to it. ;)

Probably gonna eat those words, but who knows.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a junior this year.

My school makes junior year the hardest year, which kinda sucks for me because I am the football manager, but it's not that bad.

Anyways, welcome back and I hope senior year goes well for ya :)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I think Junior year is usually the hardest, it was for me and everyone I've talked to about it at least. I feel like the beginning was really good and then it spiraled. everyone says once you get through it senior year is a breeze, i hope they're right

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I was told by our school's college advisor that the reason why it's so difficult is that junior year grades are the latest ones that colleges see.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

that would make sense i guess, its just kinda common knowledge among the students at my school

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Try modding school computers to make them play videogames ( on the software side )

Nothing is more fun than playing fallout NV with the boys during game dev class or any computer class.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I doubt my school computers are powerful enough even for Fallout NV. Not to mention my school is making the switch to Chrome OS machines, which makes them less specced than Windows PCs and much harder to crack. The few windows desktops I know are running Kaby Lake i3 chips with the iGPU. Might not be enough for NV, but someone uploaded a cracked copy of Halo CE to a shared drive. Theres regularly 16-player servers running throughout the day. It's fun to go into the library at lunch and absolutely dominate people.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Not to mention my school is making the switch to Chrome OS machines

Oh yeah, i forgot those existed in schools. Although i do remember a friend of mine playing MK64 on a school laptop with chrome OS. I just had fond memories of flashing BIOS in my animation class computers because the old beasts had some NVIDIA Quadros and playing fallout NV and similar older titles were no problem. Though modern Intel IGPUs can be good for running older emulators, like project64 ( from personal experience )

but someone uploaded a cracked copy of Halo CE to a shared drive. Theres regularly 16-player servers running throughout the day. It's fun to go into the library at lunch and absolutely dominate people

Thats one thing my school didnt have, the school libraries were on some Core 2 duos running windows XP with some old GTS cards. So gaming was never a thing, but my graphics design teacher let us watch anime in his classroom with friends during lunch a few times as long as it wasn't "too cultured" for his tastes. I'd also use this time to contribute to the pool of ROMS that people would accumulate in a public folder called " for cultured gamers only ".

Hey at least you get to play HALO during school, thats pretty cool.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

My school requires that you need a laptop so I don't need to worry about that.

Granted, considering I bought it before discovering this site, I'm stuck with a Mac as my portable computer, but games like Minecraft and emulators are just fine.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

You in college?

Because i have never heard of a k-12 school requiring laptops. But hey, at least you can play minecraft, some of them $70 chromebooks the schools around here get cannot do that, not even with bedrock.

Question is minecraft on MAC on JAVA?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

High school junior, actually. I go to a small preK-12 school (my class is the biggest in the entire school and we have 95), so I guess they thought that it was manageable.

I have a Mac but Java Edition runs on it just fine without much graphic tinkering, but it is a real battery hog.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

To play multi player games my school now requires you to login with your student ID and password in order to access the school wifi. I have not logged in to it yet but I've heard they've also rendered the use of many popular VPNs useless. Imagine the Great Firewall of China

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That sucks, it just means more work to circumnavigate the schools systems. You might be able to install linux on a USB and play some older titles or try tweaking with the BIOS if possible.

Or better yet use someones phone as a hotspot, common tactic used in MS and HS P.E classes nationwide. There's always that one kid in every group of friends that has a beefy enough plan to open hotspot to like 5-10 people.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Although i do remember a friend of mine playing MK64 on a school laptop with chrome OS.

A Chrome OS N64 emulator would be amazing. Plugging in a USB controller and playing Banjo-Kazooie during class. Maybe even setting up some multiplayer Goldeneye

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Nostalgia setting in, Banjo Kazooie andd Banjo Tooie in class, broken controls and yet still able to make it about halfway through until all the other analogs but backwards broke.

Goldeneye is a good classic to play with the boys as well.

Those days were much simpler, no bills, responsibilities and i could play video games all day.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

my district has some Microsoft partnership so the school new pc's and access to the mine craft education edition for free with our student accounts, also halo is pretty easy to get. i have a computer programming class where once you get your stuff done you can just do whatever.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm in an IT class with a big computer lab and we got CS:Source on them and set up a LAN to play it on.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m in the class of 2020 wait no I’m not I dropped out...

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Drugs are cool, don't stay in school

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Aren’t they!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol I do the same thing. I'm a senior this year as well, I only really use PCPP when I have nothing to do in class, luckily its unblocked because we used it one time in my IT class a long long time ago. Can't wait to graduate tho.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

My senior year really sucked

I was almost dead silent in every class all year long because I had zero friends in any of those classes lol. I'm also not great at meeting new people.

But anyway, keep at it, get your work done. Don't blow it on the last year.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

dead

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Finish strong. If you are looking to continue your education at University, your 3rd and 4th years (1st semester) are important.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 3 months ago
  • 4 points

Don’t bother dating. It’s a waste of time and effort in my experience.

Some of the best advice about love came from my elders. If you actively seek it, you’ll never find it. But if you relax, it will find its way to you

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

i can confirm, great advice for anyone starting high school

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube