add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Erm I accidentally ran a red light? Sort of?

Haze159
  • 6 months ago

I don't know what happened. I needed to change lanes before the light. I knew it was there and I knew it was red but for some reason, I didn't stop until I was halfway through the intersection. I stopped and saw the cars going so i just went on through but I saw as I started moving that it had turned green. I spend the next hour driving just waiting for a cop to come pull me over but I never saw one. IDK really what to do if there is anything I can do. Just needed to get that off my chest.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 4 points

It could've been bad, but it wasn't. Don't know if you got camera'd or not, but lesson learned, sometimes we're on auto-pilot when we shouldn't be.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

sometimes we're on auto-pilot when we shouldn't be.

Sounds like a new Tesla motto.

I am not dissing Tesla, i love the brand. But that is the first thing i thought of when i read the comment.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Autonomy kinda' scares me. Even though some humans are worse drivers. Machines operating machines is spooky.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a lot of jurisdictions deactivate their cameras lately?

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know, it's not something I pay attention to. I guess it comes down to being able to prove who the driver was. But as I said, I don't pay attention to it.

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

Well if you run a red light right as the cars are coming from the other way, in most cases the best thing you can is speed up. Because assuming the other drivers are not total idiots, they will see you and not run into. So getting put asap is the best course of action.

Also a lot of intersections have systems to detect if you run a red light. So you may get a ticket. MAY. You also may not. It really depends.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I realized that I just need to get out of the intersection as soon as I look over and saw cars coming. I am just glad that it turned green by the time I started moving again otherwise those cars probably would have hit me. I don't know if this city has red light cameras or not but I'm just going to prepare for a ticket anyway I suppose.

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

What you did was an accident, you have no reason to feel guilty. If you get a ticket then fine, but there's no need to worry.

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

That can happen to anyone... You didn't cause an accident so, don't worry.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

FBI OPEN UP

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I've passed a a couple red lights in Florida and never received a ticket in the mailbox. A lot of places have cameras, other places don't. It's usually just the busy highways and main streets that have cameras.

Funny thing is, the intersection where I had a car crash and my car was totaled didn't have cameras, so there was no way to know who was responsible.

Also why were you expecting for a cop to pull you over? unless there was a cop stationed in that area, and unless the cop personally saw you pass a red light, it's highly unlikely to be ticketed. It's not like the police departments would dispatch a patrol car for every guy that passed a light. There's just not enough cops, or resources to do that. There are a few undercover cops here and there, but those are rare.

Honestly? don't worry about it. It can be months if you ever receive a ticket in your mailbox, IF you even get it. Just make the efford to drive more carefully.

Cheers!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. idk i've just never had an incident with the police and i didnt know if anyone would have called the cops on my for it. I just got paranoid

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube