add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASUS ROG STRIX Hero II not reaching 100% utilization while gaming

once_upon_a_goat

28 days ago

I edited everything in the power plan and nvidia control panel and no matter what setting I set Fallout 4 to it won't break 50% utilization on the CPU or GPU. I am only getting 50 FPS no matter what settings I am at.

Comments

• 28 days ago
  • 2 points

Fallout 4 has V-sync that is always enabled and set at 60 fps max. So getting ~50 sounds about normal. You also don't want to disable the V-synce because if you do and get much over 60 fps it will cause massive bugs in the game (more so then normal), as character speed is tied to frame rate.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

You can of course fix this crap with mods. I wish Bethesda would stop using their almost 20 year old engine. And stop relying on the modding community to fix all their crap.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Nope, they are still planning on using an updated creation engine for the next Elder Scrolls game.

....even after the mess that Fallout 76 was.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I heard about that. Probably not going to buy it because of this. It's a shame really.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, that is unusual.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube