add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Node Connector

TannerMc01

6 months ago

What is the purpose of the Node Connector on my ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha Motherboard. I can’t find any info online. The manual mentioned something about being able to plug compatible PSU’s into it.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 3 points

it is a header designed for monitoring and control - It was developed to allow us ( ASUS ) to have advanced interoperability with branded ASUS components as well as partners having access for respective products.

Examples include a chassis that has built-in fan monitoring, system values like frequency and voltages, etc.

Another would be a power supply which can provide low-level monitoring values on PSU operation alongside control of PSU.

The NODE header launched with Z390 motherboards and will be found on boards across both AMD and Intel chipsets moving forward. Due to it's intended usage it will only be found on higher end boards.

There are a couple of partners that have offerings for it now like InWin for example but more will be annoucned soon.

In addition the NODE header replaces our previous generation Fan Ext header and supports our new Fan Ext Card II card which offers the same functionality and core feature of offering additional fan headers and temperature input sources but also adds additional RGB lighting headers. These operate on a low level and are seen as transparent essentially as native onboard headers and can be controlled in the UEFI or within the OS via AiSuite.

Hope this helps and clarifies things.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you so much!

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I dug into this a while ago, but I could find much.

that node connector can drive a small display that will show hardware info, apparently one case had this small display, and it is probably the port used with the outrageous new $700 ASUS formula that has a small lcd display directly on the board.

It can also drive other unspecified devices, I have not seen this port get much use, I think it is ASUS proprietary, but maybe someone else know of a real use for it.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! I had no clue!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube