add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Maximus Xi Code or Gigabyte Z390 Master

TMatzelle60

7 months ago

Well now I am stuck between 2 boards I listed in title.

My problem here is I over worry about getting a DOA or a non reliable board or having tons of problems because of motherboards not being reliable. Also seeing bad reviews online.

Looking to pair with a 9900K

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You would need actual stats from the manufacturers to determine your chances of getting a DOA; anecdotal evidence from reviews is very nearly worthless since you're only getting one side of the story. Either board should work fine; I've read more about the gigabyte mobo and might lean in that direction.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

What direction you mean that they are good?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean that I'd probably choose the gigabyte board, but you won't go wrong choosing either one. It's not like one is great and the other is crap.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Both will be solid. As Kschendel said, without stats, can't tell which will have any issues, I doubt any outside of the typical DOA's have issues.

With that said, Gigabyte did a pretty amazing job with their Z390 lineup and put lots of effort into it. The fact the Master is a fair bit cheaper then the code only adds to it. If its of any help, Bullzoid did a review of most the boads and rated most the gigabyte lineup fairly well from a power delivery aspect (compared to competiton inc ASUS) including the Aorus Master: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5NDtS8za8g talks about Aorus Master at 16:14

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I over worry about getting a DOA or a non reliable board or having tons of problems because of motherboards not being reliable.

If you get a DOA board, you are just unlucky and you get a DOA board. lol

And that may apply to both of these boards. So, it can happen.

Now, if you seek power phases the Gigabyte is the way to go.

The Maximus XI Code has the same power phases like the Maximus XI Hero.

So yeah not a bad board, but the Gigabyte still has the lead on that matter.

Also to notice, that you could very well get the Z390 AORUS ULTRA.

This one uses doublers that supports current balancing. Surprisingly the doublers that the Master are using, doesn't have that feature.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not a huge fan of Aorus, maximus boards are pretty high quality. I'd go with the ROG board if I were you for a few reasons:

Aura sync is way better than rgb fusion, same with the bios

The vrm setup is better on the maximus due to the quality of the heatsinks, but the aorus board has better power delivery for sure.

I think the chances of getting a DOA are pretty similar, and just contact the rma department if it does happen. If you have a gigabyte GPU and aorus ram, then I'd probably get the aorus board, since they are pretty similar. If you have asus parts, get the asus board. I think the maximus board looks better, but that's subjective.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

I want to say thanks to everyone here. Due to running into little more cash for build I decided to opt for the Z390 Dark always been a huge fan of EVGA for there amazing Support and there products.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

A true DOA is very rare. With this noted with a ROG board, they do qualify for our Advanced RMA ( APS warranty ). This means that you can submit an RMA directly with ASUS as long as you have a valid Proof Of Purchase and do not want to go through the etailer ( which is generally the default option ). Processing an Advanced RMA requires we put a CC on file and once this is complete a replacement board is sent out to your before the "DOA" board is shipped back to ASUS by you. If it is not received of course your card is charged.

Beyond that, you can see in the community the stability and reliability and quality of the UEFI/BIOS has been very solid. This is also a key aspect to the overall experience you will have with a board.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube