add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard needed, RGB essential!

mcmcmc

7 months ago

Complete beginner to everything under the title of PC BUILDING.

Currently deciding on my motherboard and had earmarked the ASUS Prime x470 Pro. I had noticed though that some of the RGB features were hidden by the graphics card. Is this true for most motherboards? If anyone could recommend something similar, with maybe a different lighting setup? I will (hopefully) be running an overclocked Ryzen 7 2700, and my budget is 200 dollars.

PS. My main use for the PC is music production, very little gaming.

Thank you

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

To clarify the PCH RGB lighting will still be visible but less so once a graphics card is installed. This is true for all motherboards that have lighting in the PCH area ( the bottom right-hand corner by the SATA ports ). The other lighting is still visible which is on the shroud for the IO section. You also have a RGB header on the motherboard to connect a LED strip or RGB splitter where you can connect more than one RGB device like fans or multiple LED strips.

Going to a higher end motherboard will give you more zones of onboard lighting as well as more RGB heades. You may first want to decide what are the most important aspects for you when it comes to this build for deciding on the board. The selection of the X470 PRO is very solid though and will offer a stable and relaible experience at stock and overclocked settings while also offering entry RGB lighting options.

As you purpose is focused on music production both B450 and X470 are solid choice and you may even want to consider B450 as you need the higher chipset specification support.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

You could always get some rgb strips and put them in the case. I wouldn’t buy a motherboard simply for rgb.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Do RGB strips connect to the motherboard?

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Some motherboards do have connectors for rgb strips on them controllable through the manufactures software. Some boards don’t but you can still get an rgb controller and connect it via usb.

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

My 2700x is paired with an x470 Gaming 7 wifi, Trident Z rgb kit which is all housed in the Corsair Crystal 570x and its freaking gorgeous!

No RGB strips required ;) Bright as all hell.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube