add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ASUS PRIME Z390-A LLC 2 ( AUTO )

sew333

7 months ago

Hi. My 9900K is on stock,all auto settings. XMP enabled. Mb: Asus Prime Z390-A My question is that LLC is on auto too,but this is level 2. Is this fine?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Jut let the board do its thing.

The i9-9900K needs a good amount of voltage and current at load.

That's why that particular board tries to compensates the CPUs voltage droop at high loads.

That applies to other motherboards at a similar manner but not with the same LLC levels, as different boards are using different voltage regulator modules to control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power efficiency of the CPU.

Otherwise you would face stability problems at load, especially with that processor.

No one answered so far, so let me be the first one. :D

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard has what is refered to as auto rules. They are calibrated to align witht he voltage and multiplier you define.

In 80 to 90% of situations there is no need to modify the LLC value. In fact some users who manually set the LCC can have a worse experience. As such I recommend not adjsuting it.

Keep in mind that vdroop is also not negative. You can learn to overclock with droop as opposed to compensating by adding more voltage to not have droop. This all depends on how you want to define your overclock.

Most users who only want to use a manual / static vid ( which is not efficient ) and runs a higher risk of voltage degrdation want to have a aggressive 1 to 1 value alignign their defined voltage with a vdroop that ensures no drop in voltage. keep in mind this will varying dependin on load ( meaning you may need different levels for different loads )

Gaming would be different than prime95 which would be different than video encoding.

Personally I would recommend leaving it on auto and using an adaptive vid. Better yet our auto overclocking will do this all automatically for you but as always the choice is up to you. Hope this helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube