add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bad 4790K?

Tfarcraw_III
  • 12 months ago

According to UserBenchmark, my intel i-7 4790K is performing at the 22nd percentile while running their benchmarking tool. I made sure that my CPU was running all cores and at the stock frequency. Should I be worried?

If it helps, I also have a GTX 970 and 16GB (4x4) of Muskin Redline DDR3 1600 RAM. The CPU is cooled by an NZXT Kraken x61 and the OS is on a Samsung 850 Pro.

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 3 points

the reason for the score is the fact that you're running at stock frequencies. most people who use a benchmark for that kinda thing are probably overclocking a bit. that in turn would raise the average score for that CPU, which makes running it at stock speeds below the average. of course, i would check temps too.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. This makes sense. I guess I just assumed everyone else would have tested at stock speeds. I overclocked a little and hit 66th percentile without exceeding 60C so everything seems normal now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube