add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Blzxed

2 days ago

Just want a quick opinion. Would it be better to get the 1660 TI and then possibly upgrade to the RTX 2060 In the future, or just save up more money for my build. I have a budget of 900$, and I plan on pairing it with the 2600, and maybe the 2700 in the future. Would it be enough to run most popular AAA titles at medium-high settings at 144hz?

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

There certainly wont be any good reason to get the 1660Ti and then upgrade to the 2060 they aren't far enough apart in terms of performance.

To answer your other question you would need to suggest what resolution, 1080p they will both be very strong performers, but 144Hz is hard to push in AAA for any graphics card. The 1660Ti will likely be roughly 10 fps behind the 2060 in whatever title you have in mind though.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

I would personally go with the 2060 straight up if you have the budget, unless you do upgrades every two years regardless of whether it meets your needs. Like above has said, there is absolutely no reason to go from a 1660 Ti to a 2060. The performance increase is far too minimal to justify the cost. The minimal upgrade generally speaking should be a step up on the next generation to make a noticeable difference, e.g. 1080 > 2080 Ti, 1070 > 2080, and even then, the differences aren't too significant. If you go with the 1660 Ti, which I have no issues with at all, then you should be looking at a 3060 or 3070 for the upgrade as a minimal.

Likewise for the CPU, 2600 > 2700 is kind of a waste, especially when third generation is about to come out. If this was a few months back, you needed an upgrade for work, content creation, etc, okay... Understandable, but still not advised, but it's acceptable. Right now? A 2600 shouldn't be going up to a 2700 at all, third generation is the minimum upgrade, and even that isn't advised, my advice is fourth generation at the very least, providing you have a nice enough motherboard that can handle it.

To answer your question, 1080p, 144 Hz, medium/high settings, no. First, the CPU won't quite handle it. Depending on game, Ryzen delivers an average of 100 FPS - 120 FPS at most for most modern AAA games. A 2060 isn't ideal for this either. If it's 1440p, then it stands no chance, because even a 9900K + 2080 Ti can't guarantee 144 Hz average in high/medium settings. Check out Youtube videos for a rough idea on FPS numbers on various combinations of CPUs and GPUs in different games.

Just my opinion though.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

So since I have a budget of $900-950, I should just go with the 1660 TI cause I won't be upgrading unless absolutely necessary ( my CPU/GPU cannot run at a good rate ) and stay with the 2600 or 2700. I’ll only be playing at 1080p, and I’ll mainly be playing Fortnite, so?

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

Then yes stay with that setup, since Fortnite needs less of a demand than other games.

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

If you have a strict budget and you only upgrade when necessary, go with the cheaper option, because it'll be fine.

If you're not building immediately, AMD will announce third generation Ryzen in just over three weeks at E3, with them being on sale shortly after the announcement, and in my opinion, it's worth the wait. If you need it now, then no, of course don't wait.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube