add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments on First Build

Meglotyrant

2 days ago

Hello everyone,

This is a link to my idea for a first build. Please let me know what you all think of it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9tJy6s

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

You are buying a lot of stuff you don't really need unless you KNOW you need them. Namely the sound,ethernet and wifi card.

This motherboard has everything you need and will allow big performance gains.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $149.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $72.98 @ Newegg Business
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $109.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $109.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB DUAL OC Video Card $349.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case $64.16 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.49 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1126.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 04:22 EDT-0400
  • 2 days ago
  • 1 point

To reiterate, motherboards now come with sound, ethernet, and on some wifi, built in. Beyond that this is my recommended storage config

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Storage Patriot - VPN100 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate - Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $147.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 07:52 EDT-0400

The Patriot drive has near Samsung level performance ~ $37 less. Be absolutely sure two M.2 drives will work on this motherboard if you go that route. I do not see any specific warning but generally because of how many PCIe lanes are on this platform if you ran two M.2 it may disable some of the PCIe slots other than the primary x16. Or the second slot may not support NVMe.

Just be sure you know what you're getting.

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

Thanks good to know, Ill do a bit more research on the motherboard and see what all it includes then. I like the price point and reviews on it. As for the Patriot ill check it out. I don't think i want to go with a HDD though. I like the idea of all SSD and the 1tb at lower speeds is a pretty good trade off so ill check into that a bit more as well.

Looks like the Patriot makes a 1tb version with even better performance. I think ill end up going with that. Thanks for the advice. Now i just need one SSD.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube