add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will the Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE reach?

PYboyzzz

2 days ago

Hi, I'm a wonderful noob here, and I have real situation here to deal with: Now that I have scraped up enough money to get an aorus xtreme waterforce graphics card, I'm left wondering whether it will fit on to the front radiator space of a mid-tower as all the cases I've looked at only offer 120mm vents on the bottom, where the video card radiator is usually put, and the waterforce has a 240mm radiator.

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Previous comment misunderstood your question and I deleted it. I assume you got the Aorus card that came with the radiator (there are two models, one is just a GPU block the other is an all in one unit)?

Use the 120mm vents on the bottom - I do not know of any case designers that have only one 120mm vent, usually there are two. Radiator can go there assuming you have the clearance between it and the GPU (for an ATX build where one can install on PCIe slot one you will be pretty much guaranteed that clearance). A lot of cases also will have the 2 x 120mm vents on the top of the chassis and often also on the front. If you see 2 x 120mm vents, a radiator can go there. The Radiator will have holes where the fans go that can be used to mount, if this is not the case, there are Radiator brackets sold on PC Modding sites that will do the job = mount bracket onto vents, Radiator goes in bracket, fans on top of that (or underneath depending on your intake/outake solution). Chances are 90-99% likely you will not need this bracket and installing the GPU radiator will just be one of lining up holes.

If you are not 100% certain, type in Google the name of the case followed by PCPartpicker. The search results will show all builds by people here, you will be able to see how others liquid cooled with the case you want.

• 1 day ago
  • 1 point

thanks alot :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube