add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I dont know if my mobo is correct.

John_fowlds

2 days ago

Hello I dont know what I'm doing building wise idk what's good.

Idk if my mobo is good. Idk. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qZn7tg like the idea and functionality if the solar keyboard. No batteries and use from a distance.

I want a 2.5 ssd to utilize what's in my case. So I really dont like just exposed chip surface aside from the mobo.

I am using a 4k oled tv for my monitor that's why I have a 2080 but idk if it's good or if it will artifact. I keep hearing mixed *** reviews about 2080 cards. Soooooo... little weary when its fuquin 700 bucks. If there are better ones but not 1500 dollars I'll take a suggestion.

Do I need any cables? Like does it all come with or is it just the item I'm viewing and it's all separate to make more money?

My original budget was 2k. But I forgot about all the extras I need. Like a damn keyboard and mouse and a ups hahahahaha idk if I need any more fans. If it will make it better and its 20 bucks. Cool. If it will make it a little bit better and it costs ******* 190 I dont need it

It's for gaming things like ark/r6s/open worlds, streaming, video editing, I want to be able to watch blu ray on here if that's possible. Or if it's not I have an xbox and a ps4 so I'll figure it out. Other stuff like cad programs, 3d animations with heavy rendering, etc. Workhorse.

So I was looking into my roommates pc today and his watercooler tubes are right over his GPU and it looks like it leaked. Do they do this? I still want watercooling. But I dont want it to break my ****. Its corsair. I'dk if I want corsair cause of that. If corsair will replace anything damaged by the leaks then it's a different story but y put out a product that's faulty if it's going to cost you money in the long term if it does fail. Idk. Greedy hoes of the world always want money.

My name is john. Please help me get this right so I dont have to work till I die. I need this thing to work well enough to be my only pc for a good 5 years at the minimum. I can not have a ****** broken GPU cause of some faulty **** I didnt even take part in ya know. I'm lacking in the trust department. I've never shopped online.

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Your part list looks good, all components are compatible. Motherboard and power supply unit come with all the cables you'll need. AIO liquid coolers are an excellent choice for your cooling needs but if you are still wary of leaks or pump failure then I would recommend this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F3gzK8/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-505-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk022. It is an excellent air cooler and very quiet too! The one other suggestion to make is use this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BDYLrH/samsung-970-evo-plus-250-gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v7s250bw for your boot drive (Windows 10 and other daily use software). It is 7x faster than a 2.5" SSD and you will see blazing fast load times for your OS, cad, animation and rendering software. Keep the 2.5" SSD you picked for gaming and the HDD for everything else.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

I added the other ssd. But how do they all work together? I have 2tb hard drive and a 1 tb ssd and now a 250gb ssd I think. Why do I need that much stuffs though? I'll keep the liquid cooling just is there ways to help prevent damage or leaking in general?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

1tbsp ssd <-- Since when did SSDs become part of a recipe!? What are you making? Memory soup?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah crap

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Actually for the game drive you could drop it down to a 500GB 2.5" SSD (apologies as I thought I had read 500GB initially). You will only have 3 storage devices (2 SATA and 1 NVMe) so there won't be a conflict with sharing resources (PCI-e lanes) on your motherboard. Your mobo has 6 SATA ports and one may become disabled with using the M.2 drive, you'll still have 5 other ports to plug into. Your mobo manual will describe and illustrate in more detail to which of the six ports is affected. Corsair and Fractal Design both make excellent quality liquid coolers and although the odds of leaks/failures are fairly low, there's never any guarantee that it'll never occur. I use a Corsair H115i Pro cooler and it's never let me down.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZtCzJ8

The sata being what? And is there going to be anything the makes it difficult about the blocked ports?

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Okay so I went onto Gigabyte's website and downloaded the manual for your motherboard. You are in luck: If you use the top M.2 slot on your board then NONE of your 6 ports are disabled. If you were to add a second M.2 drive to the bottom M.2 slot then SATA ports 5 & 6 will be disabled. That would only really affect you if you added more storage devices in the future but going by your earlier query as to... "why you'd need all this storage"... I'll surmise that won't become an issue for you.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

So the build is complete?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

AND THANK YOU FOR LOOKING THAT WAS VERY NICE!!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube