add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
redem

6 months ago

Hello. My budget is 1500 but willing to go higher if needed. I would like to be able to use a 144htz monitor in the future. I'd like to run current and AAA title games at high settings. I want the build something that will last me. I do not need a lot of storage space.

Hope someone can help me out here, thanks.

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $174.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $114.99 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card $769.00 @ Amazon
Case Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1398.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 22:44 EDT-0400

the rest can be used for more storage, an aftermarket cooler, or maybe like an os if you need one

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Add in an SSD and change the case and this would be a decent build

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

you do realize that storage is a 1TB ssd right? and cases are all subjective so i usually just slap a medium range one on there

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

My bad, read that as a 1tb hdd. Though theres the sx6000 pro 1tb for 109, which is a decent NVMe drive that does not exhibit any issues unlike the 660p to my knowledge.

There are much better cases for cheaper though. From the looks of things, that 200r has really limited airflow. Id reccomend the mx330 from cougar instead, as it comes with a meshed front. Another option would be fractal design focus g, which has a meshed front aswell but includeds 2 decent stock intake fans

Ive also noted that particular 2080 is kinda overpriced. id go with https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3J22FT/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-8gb-gaming-amp-video-card-zt-t20800d-10p instead.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally don't much like zotac or gigabyte unless graphics cards unless im doing a budget build but to each their own

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Thinking of going with a Ryzen 2700x to try and keep from upgrading things in the future. Is there a reason to go with AMD over besides price? Thanks you for the list

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The price to performance for AMD at the current moment is lightyears beyond intel. Intel requires a hefty premium for a small bump in performance. You could get an i5 or something, but i5 processors aren't hyperthreaded and typically don't turbo up all that high anyways. AMD is nice because the stock coolers are good, the performance is great, and their processors across the board are multithreaded. I personally wouldn't recommend getting the 2700X unless you plan on doing some streaming or video editing along with gaming since it's quite a bit more expensive and gives you like 5 more frames than the 2600X in most titles. It's really a productivity processor.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks thinshaw. How much would a better CPU mean with this build? Just learning thanks

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

not a whole lot. the 2600X is pretty great and graphics cards are the bottleneck in most builds currently. You could get a 2080 ti and the 2600X still would be the bottleneck. You could get a few more frames out of like a 9700K build, but you'd need an aftermarket cooler as well and it's not all that much better

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel build, and less reliant on MiRs (only $10 instead of $100):

9600k should be good for this purpose

Cooler you can change

MOBO: Amazon will have it back 5/21

storage is $20 less, but still 1TB

GPU is only a $10 rebate instead of $40.

PSU changed to one with no MiRs: PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $259.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $38.73 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - Z390M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $123.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Amazon
Storage ADATA - Ultimate SU800 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Video Card $669.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1417.55
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $1407.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 00:00 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube