add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
John_fowlds

2 days ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Q7yk29

I'd love it if I could get the price back to 2000. But I dont think it's too possible.

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Without going pre-owned, those are the best prices. Out of curiosity though, is this all needed? i7, 32GB of RAM, AIO? Only asking because I don't know what your needs and uses are.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Gaming with ark hahaha, Adobe suite programs, Cad programs, editing of photos and videos, coding In the future, streaming, but it's all going on to a 4k oled LG tv so I was told I need the 2080.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Lol, you're going to need a lot more than an i7 and 2080 for Ark!

Okay, if you'll be doing all of that, I do agree with your choices of an i7 and 32GB of RAM. The downside to that is there really is no way to make it cheaper unless you opt for lesser/pre-owned hardware.

Is gaming the priority? I ask because you might end up having some serious response time issues gaming on a TV. I love the idea of gaming with a 4K OLED panel (because that sounds like a dream come true) but TVs simply are not made for a serious gamer. Not without spending thousands and thousands of dollars for a low response time, high refresh rate TV.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Well.... it...... it was a 1700 TV. I hope it has a high refresh rate. But I looked up the best 4k tv for gaming and the one I have came up at the top of 4 lists.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Do you know which model it is?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

How do I check

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

And yeah ark is a ***** ain't it hahahahaha

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it is! It's been a while since I jumped on but my old 1080 was struggling

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

They've made the game better. Meaning refining the quality of their game. So a ton of aesthetic and building mods. More maps. I think they're doing ark 2.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm also going to be using rainbow six.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/B7gJJ8 Changed RAM to a cheaper option. Changed video card to an RTX 2070, the 2080s are slowly decreasing in value.
Changed the motherboard. Changed memory. Changed keyboard and mouse (No need to spend $320) on peripherals.
Changed Cooler to another water cooler.

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

I must note. I need the 32 GB for large as heck programs and tons of gaming in the future. Also I am putting the output to a 4k oled lg tv so I was told I need the 2080. I also need the wireless mouse hahaha and the keyboard is so I can easier navigate the Adobe suite programs. I'll take the watercooler though hahaha

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

:D

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Move some prices around and at this price range, you can get a 9900K in.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $484.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $126.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $154.99 @ Newegg
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $109.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Zotac - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING AMP Video Card $699.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design - Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case $99.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit $119.99 @ Dell
Keyboard Logitech - CRAFT Wireless Standard Keyboard $169.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G Pro Wireless Wireless Optical Mouse $134.92 @ Amazon
UPS CyberPower - CP1500AVRLCD UPS $144.95 @ Adorama
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $2576.65
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 18:23 EDT-0400
  • Like said, it's possible to fit a 9900K in this budget.

• Better cooler. I generally don't recommend 240mm for eighth and ninth generation Intel CPUs. $7 more for a 280mm, deal, no contest.

• I'm really doubtful if you need 32 GB RAM. What are your uses? Gaming? No. Content creation? Yes.

• Swapped out the SSD to a 660p, saves you $40.

• Swapped GPU to a cheaper one which saves you $100. The Gaming Amp is great, currently has a promotion code to knock $90 off, which is why it's this much cheaper (original price is only $10 cheaper) and the difference in speed is only 60 MHz, which is nothing and unnoticeable. Value for money, this wins, as long as you get it with the promotion code.

• Swapped to a 650W PSU because it's more than enough and can shave off $20. 750W is fine if you want to keep it, but it's not really necessary.

• Just my opinion.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube