add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading my PC - New Zealand

BRY0N

2 days ago

Current Build - https://pcpartpicker.com/user/BRY0N/saved/BNpHBm

Hi there.

Im wanting to upgrade my PC so that i can really enjoy the Master Chief Collection that has been announced. I have a current PC that runs fine but i feel that i wont get the most out of the experience when i get to relive my Halo days.

My ideal goals would be to:

• Use as much parts as possible from my current build.
  • Run Halo at high quality at 60 fps (i understand the requirements are not out yet but guesstimating is fine).
  • Future proof my PC so i can play other games for the next few years (at average quality)

Some things im aware of:

• I dont care for anything flashy (presentation wise)
  • I understand that the motherboard, CPU and GPU will probably have to go if i want to upgrade up a few tiers.
  • I would be happy if this was ~2000 NZD
  • I would be ecstatic if this was ~$1500 NZD

If you could point me in the direction on what to get that utilises the most out of my current build i would really appreciate it .

Cheers

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Had to upgrade the CPU, which meant a new motherboard, RAM and a cooler, I also put in a new graphics card and 2 TB hard drive for some extra storage, but beyond this all the rest are your original components.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $427.00 @ 1stWave Technologies
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler $67.50 @ 1stWave Technologies
Motherboard ASRock - B365M Phantom Gaming 4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $145.01 @ PB Technologies
Memory Team - T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $163.52 @ Paradigm PCs
Storage Intel - 540s Series 180 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Black 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $0.00
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $104.00 @ 1stWave Technologies
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card $495.00 @ 1stWave Technologies
Case Corsair - 350D MicroATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For $0.00
Power Supply SeaSonic - 450 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1402.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 09:04 NZST+1200
  • 2 days ago
  • 2 points

Thanks mate! I appreciate the effort you put into this! I’ll have a read of the reviews to ensure it’s the right and hopefully I’ll be blasting covenant scum in glorious HD. Just on a side note the Graphics card You recommended was cheaper then I thought it was going to be! Was that because of power supply limitations/ budget constraints or is it just a well priced decent Graphics card?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the graphics card I thought would be plenty powerful if enough for what you want at 1080p, I did jump to the conclusion you'd be wanting it for 1080p, rather than say 4K for which I'd probably be looking to put in a 2070 or 2080 instead. But I worked on the principle you would have specified 4K if that's what you were looking for. Other than this I "guesstimated" you could probably easily get away with just a 1660 or even RX 590, but the 1660 TI didn't appear to eat up too much of your budget and would probably give anything between 80 to 100 fps depending how demanding the game is, based on some the other latest titles out like Apex Legends etc. Also, pairing it with the 9600K should be a boost as this is an excellent gaming chip.

• 2 days ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $268.50 @ 1stWave Technologies
Motherboard MSI - B450M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.00 @ 1stWave Technologies
Memory Team - T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $163.52 @ Paradigm PCs
Video Card Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB DUAL OC Video Card $832.90 @ Playtech
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $144.00 @ 1stWave Technologies
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1547.92
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-18 09:39 NZST+1200
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube