add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC Gaming Build for ≤ to $4,850 USD (Suggestions Welcome!)

SergeTroy

2 days ago

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $484.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Thermaltake - Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync Edition 56.45 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $164.99 @ SuperBiiz
Thermal Compound Noctua - NT-H2 3.5 g Thermal Paste $12.90 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $238.56 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $219.99 @ Corsair
Storage Samsung - 970 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $339.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $246.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE Video Card $1349.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case $155.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 1000 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $267.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro Full 32/64-bit $189.00 @ B&H
Monitor Asus - PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor $649.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair - Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard -
Keyboard Corsair - RGB MK.2 Low Profile RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard $129.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse $56.43 @ Amazon
Speakers Logitech - Z623 200 W 2.1 Channel Speakers $90.99 @ Amazon
Custom Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mousepad $29.99
Custom Microsoft ​X Box (360​? One?) Co​ntroller f​or Windows​ w/ Cable,​ Kit, & Ad​apter $100.00
Custom Headset (?) $300.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $5078.26
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $5028.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 16:01 EDT-0400

I'm putting together a list of parts for a gaming PC I hope to have built by the 9th or 10th of June, with purchasing occurring during the two weeks prior to that. I've settled on some parts but others I've put in there as place holders with a greater and lesser feeling of what works / I like, and what I'd like to replace.

1. Definitely unsure about the look and even the size / space of the Phanteks – Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case, but I'm not looking to go (completely) overboard there either. Very curious about suggestions here.
  2. I'm unsure but I suspect it would be a good idea to drop the PSU down to 850w vs. the 1000w currently listed, though I'm pretty sure I'll be staying with SeaSonic for the manufacturer and Titanium+ as I'd like to ensure the system endures for 4+ years where doable (understanding it won't be "optimal" past 2 years, of course).
  3. On that note, is there a strong recommendation to go with a UPS vs. a good Surge Protector? I've had no issues with my current much older build which has been with me for 6+ years and never had an issue where I live.
  4. Always looking for Monitor suggestions, with the understanding this will be my primary / only monitor for a while (a year if not more most likely).
  5. I have listed both the Corsair K95 as well as the Corsair - RGB MK.2 Low Profile RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard, but I have a K95 already (perhaps nearly 2 years old now?) and the only game I really use the macros on is The Forest which can benefit from them for sure. Most likely will go with the Mk.2 Low Profile Rapidfire option, unless others have used that and felt it was a bad choice?
  6. If anyone can suggest a good headset with included mic, I'd appreciate it. Currently using a Sennheiser PC 363D which has been wonderful, but wondering about switching it out. Honestly considering dumping the headset and sticking with what I've got to add a second SSD (the EVO Plus by example, or 2 of those with a replacement for the Pro).

The Games I plan to play on this computer: ♦ Cyberpunk 2077 (whenever that get's released) ♦ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition ♦ Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ♦ The Forest ♦ Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ♦ Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3 with mods for 1 ♦ Ori and the Blind Forest (definitive edition) ♦ Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (very maybe)

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

A couple quick thoughts: if this is primarily a gaming build, I'd lose the 970 Pro and go with a more midrange SSD. A 970 EVO Plus would be plenty. The Pro is not worth the money unless you're throwing a very heavy write load at it. And second, given the money you're spending, I would definitely go with a UPS rather than just a surge suppressor. Your power might be good today, but there's always tomorrow. Third, I'm not sure that you'll see any real benefit to 32GB of memory; I'd stick with 2x8 and you still have two free slots for down the road if you need them.

And yes, I'd drop the PSU to 750w or maybe 850w.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks kschendel, I appreciate it. The Evo was definitely being batted around in a "should I, shouldn't I," sort of way. I also am unsure of memory and am guessing the reason I'd go with the 32 GB is if I was a streamer? Thanks again. :)

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Selects best of everything

"Is this good"

Yes.

Although if you're gaming, the Samsung 970 is a waste of money. I'd recommend a 2TB Intel 660p for $200 instead.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks @Isorice and that's also really greatly appreciated, just letting me know if I'm going for overkill. Keep in mind I haven't had a decent gaming machine for the latest games in a LONG while and I don't spend money on a lot of other stuff. Sounds like the general agreement is to step down to the 970 Evo Plus (I honestly don't know the difference between the Evo & Evo plus, need to look into that). If you happen to see anything else that makes you go, "Uh, hmm..." I appreciate it. I'm actually surprised the motherboard is cool by one and all, for whatever reason I had expected I'd need to upgrade that to something that cost like $500 (motherboards and spine of the machine, etc. y'know?).

Edit: I know you recommended the 2 TB Intel 660p, didn't mean to imply I just skipped over that, I just need to research.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Intel 660p I would never buy that the fuller it gets the slower it gets their cheap for a reason.

No need for windows pro, or the thermal paste or for that matter a expensive M.2 drive at all you might load into a game 2 seconds quicker than a SSD that is not even enough to make a difference. Keep in mind the Kingston V300 used in the video is very slow compared to most SSD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjWUGsQNSvE

Titanium+ as I'd like to ensure the system endures for 4+ year That has nothing to do with how long it will last. I have a Antec 420 neo in a PC that has been running about 8 years.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

In regards the PSU, oh absolutely I'm with you but the more solid the PSU is insofar as goes it's rating the less likely it'll succumb to issues as time goes, is my reasoning.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

No not true they fail just like any of then can if you buy a quality PSU the failure rate is about the same no reason to go past their Focus (gold) model unless it just cost less. Also read my edit on the expensive M.2 drives.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

650 less same gaming performance.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $484.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Corsair - H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $169.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS ELITE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $169.78 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $149.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Crucial - MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $241.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE Video Card $1349.99 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case $165.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $137.62 @ Amazon
Monitor Acer - Predator Z1 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor $599.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair - Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard -
Keyboard Corsair - RGB MK.2 Low Profile RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard $129.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse $57.00 @ Amazon
Speakers Logitech - Z623 200 W 2.1 Channel Speakers $90.99 @ Amazon
Custom [Windows 10 Home USB 64/32 USB Flash Drive English Language Full Product](https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bJsmP6/windows-10-home-usb-6432-usb-flash-drive-english-language-full-product)
Custom Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mousepad $29.99
Custom Microsoft ​X Box (360​? One?) Co​ntroller f​or Windows​ w/ Cable,​ Kit, & Ad​apter $100.00
Custom Headset (?) $300.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $4397.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 16:58 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube