add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
RustyFire

8 months ago

Is there any way that I can lower the cost, but still be able to play the games that I want on 1080p 60fps and keep the price/performance ratio good? I also want to make it for future upgradability.

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

You forgot to include the link.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

WAH WAh Wah wahhhhh

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

oops my bad

Here you go: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9YTdZR

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $118.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.99 @ Newegg
Memory *Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $44.99 @ Amazon
Video Card *Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G Video Card $129.89 @ OutletPC
Case Corsair - SPEC-05 ATX Mid Tower Case $38.97 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $32.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor *Sceptre - E225W-1920 22.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor $79.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $630.61
Mail-in rebates -$75.00
Total $555.61
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 10:00 EDT-0400

Some places like Microcenter sometimes have the Ryzen 1600 for $100, which is an excellent value, and it comes with a decent enough cooler. Skip the external wifi card in my opinion and get a better board with wifi built in. I dropped the B3 (which isn't that good) for a CX (a good budget PSU despite not being modular) for price reasons. For the same price as the B3 after rebates you could get the Corsair TXM which is a far superior unit.

I'd like to see a better monitor in there; really for a 1080p commodity display you should check the used market. You could probably get something similar for a third that price, depending on your location. Alternatively, spending a little more on an IPS or VA display with similar response time would probably be nice for the gaming experience, or a slightly higher refresh rate.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like this, but the problem is that I would at least like a semi-modular PSU as I would only be using 1 6+2 connector and I don't think that I would have enough SATA power cables for the number of drives I plan on having in this system. That's why I went with the fully modular PSU as it would help immensely on cable management.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

There is definitely something to be said for cable management. The TXM that I mentioned would be better than the B3, considering same wattage and price after rebates. Sometimes the newer CXMs go on sale for even cheaper, so you might keep an eye out for that to try to keep as low budget as possible.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. Thanks for that advice. :P

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the improved list after finding stuff on eBay: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xdZRr6

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

That monitor deal seems too good to be true to me but I don't know that much about the eBay monitor market to be fair. It's a good model though; I'd take a decent VA over TN any day.

If everything works out it should be a very nice build for the money! :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

YAY :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube