add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Having a problem with memory upgrade

Nonatz

1 month ago

Right now I have 1x8gb of ram and I kinda want to upgrade it. I tried looking for another 1x8 stick of ram for the same brand but I could only find 2x8. I wanted to know if I buy it and I put the 2 sticks of ram in slot 1 and 3 and put the additional one in slot 2, if I will have 24 gb ram? The ram I have now is called XPG Adata and it's 2400Mhz. If any of you find a 1x8gb stick on amazon please link it.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If I buy the 2x8 wouldn't that mean I would have to throw out the 1x8 gb stick?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

well, yes.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well it in a 3x8GB situation you'd either run in single channel or flex mode. So you're right not triple channel, but it wouldn't be the worst thing either.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I wanted to know if I buy it and I put the 2 sticks of ram in slot 1 and 3 and put the additional one in slot 2, if I will have 24 gb ram?

It may work, so just try it out.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube