• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Derpitron 1 day ago

I'm debating on which one to get - on UserBenchmark, the 1300x has a better bench than the 2200g, but I'd like some of the benefits of the 2000 series processors, like StoreMi*. Which one should I get?

*I'm planning to go for a WD Black 1TB HDD and a WD Green 120gb M.2 2280 SSD

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 2 points 1 day ago

If You are in the U.S. neither get a R5 1600.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $119.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $119.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-16 13:00 EDT-0400
ssjg5rlly 1 point 1 day ago

119.99 right now? dayum!

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 1 day ago

AMD is throwing money at retailers to try and clear the massive oversupply of first and second generation parts before Zen 2 launches so they don't end up buying all those parts back.

aud10_fr3ak 1 point 1 day ago

still $80 1600's

i don't understand why they haven't been snapped up already

its been like a month since it was at that price

vincent_2006 1 point 1 day ago

ikr!

pcbldragain 1 point 1 day ago

I waited over a month for my x470 mobo to get marked down. They cut the cheaper ones but not midgrade. The 2200/2400 cut some. I don't see them giving stuff away if you build a whole system. b350/x370 boards were hardly less than 450/470s until just lately some got cut.

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 1 day ago

probably because not enough people live close to a microcenter. also, there are probably a shitton of them.

Gilroar 1 Build -1 points 1 day ago

Tough market for them.

Gaming Intel has maintained a performance advantage at this price point unless they were getting hit with shortages then You have to choose lower performance or wait.

Workstation users are between a rock and a hard place because although You have decent CPU they are on a dated platform that doesn't support as much in the way of modern features with no Thunderbolt, restricted to a single Gen 3.0 PCIe storage option, and restrictive additional add in card options with the platform being Gen 2.0 based.

Crypto Currency and memory pricing destroyed the Product In Box market well these were current.

Now they are about to be two generation old products and support for the older platforms is turning into a mess with Gen 4.0 being incompatible with the SLI drivers on what decent quality boards are available.

LegionNate 1 point 1 day ago

Gaming Intel has maintained a performance advantage at this price point

Ah, yes, their, uh... <double checks> Pentiums definitely outperform the 1600 in games.

ssjg5rlly 1 point 1 day ago

Okay, this may be my time to strike.

Or not. I'm broke. :/

They are somewhat mixed really depending on what platform they are on.

400 series boards doesn't necessarily have the optimization fixes that were rolled out since 2000 series includes those out of box.

And the BIOS updates for those boards don't include those fixes so they can save space within the limited BIOS chips.

Its partially why several boards have dropped support for Bristol Ridge APU.

You get something later production which has the newer microcoding it's not a problem but get unlucky with an older chip and it can be a headache.

Before I sold off My last 1700 I dropped back to a X370 from a B450 trying to solve some issues.

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 1 day ago

wow. me want.

lol!

Derpitron submitter 1 point 1 day ago

I live in India, lots of grey market/ white market retailers nearby. I'm using Vedant Computers for a reference guide.

Giving prices like those the 1300X is the better buy.

pcbldragain 1 point 1 day ago

The 200ge/2200g/2400g have igpu graphics processors in them (are called APU instead of cpu), if you don't need powerful video for new games you can do without a gpu card. However they take 8 lanes of the pci so if you use a card with them it only gets 8 lanes not 16X pcie you would with a normal CPU (a non 'G' amd processor). 8 lanes works fine up to around a RX580 gpu card, but above that the cpu starts to bottleneck huge GPU anyway so you need to upgrade, I don't know exactly where. The 2200g is a 4 core cpu, the 2400g is a 4 core but with 8 threads and better igpu. They are not bad cpu for price if they are in price range you are looking for. You need a bios update if you use an older board b350/x370, and make sure it has the video out on the mobo if you want to use the graphics most b450/x470 have that but not all do. The 2XXge is a smaller budget processor some use I don't know much about but I just bought a 2400g to run a new system and only older games. I will upgrade it later. A lot of people run a 2200g and overclock it with a RX580 or similar gpu card for budget systems. It gives better performance than a 2400g by itself, which is more cost than a 2200. If I have a choice I always go for the newest processors I can afford. I don't need a big gaming gpu right now so the 2400 is the best deal for me, and I can upgrade to a 2700 later or whatever maybe the new ryzen coming out.

It depends on if you use Stormi, if you get a large ssd there may be no point in using it. The way I see it is a better mobo may use newer ryzen coming out and so you have a better upgrade path, or at least you can run todays best. Some cheap mobo could have a hard time with an 8 core or overclocking. I also figure I might use the 2400g for a itx build maybe after I upgrade, if it can still do the job streaming/non gaming.

Derpitron submitter 1 point 1 day ago

I don't plan to use more than maybe 4 cores at a time, butI'd like a good processor speed. Intel is too expensive for me. Store Mi seems like a good option for me, but I've heard that it's only available on 2000 series processors.

pcbldragain 1 point 18 hours ago

I think you are correct. The 2200g has been the value leader for a while, the 2400g is better and higher price because its the best apu. If you need a gpu card then the 2400 is not the best deal and why many run 2200 with a gpu card. The 2200 is very close to a 2400 with some OC. Just look at benchmarks and get the cpu you can afford. Prices are changing because the new ryzen are getting close so the 2200 may not be the best deal at the moment. It is likely if you want to wait prices will drop more, but I don't have a crystal ball. The 2200/2400 dropped a couple weeks ago, look it up here in parts and check the price graph at the bottom.

nengmoua123 1 point 1 day ago

If you live by a Microcenter the R5 1600 is 79.99 right now. Hell of a deal right there.

aud10_fr3ak 1 point 1 day ago

it's been that way for over a month i think

ikr!