add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Star Wars Trailer

Memo1010
  • 13 months ago

Ok let me start by saying that Episode 8 sucked, one of the worst films I've ever seen. To me Disney's stuff will always be the equivalent of fan fiction, the real stuff is the expanded universe (or legends are disney calls it). Anyways, the trailer didn't reveal much about the film, I thought it didn't look particularly good or bad...but the ending. Luke says that no one's ever truly gone, the screen goes back, your hear Palpatine's iconic laughing from episode VI. So now I'm very curious, will Palpatine be in the film? I think that could be cool...if they make him as cool as he was in the other films. I love Palpatine and if they mess him up I'll hate them even more than before.

Anyways, what do you guys think?

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 7 points

Cackles in Senate

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

Master Windu... I take it General Grevious has been destroyed? I will say, you are here sooner than expected.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest chancellor.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

Are you threatening me, master Jedi?

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

The Senate will decide your fate.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

I AM THE SENATE

• 13 months ago
  • 5 points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

For anyone who hasn't seen it.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

Doing the Lord's work here.

• 13 months ago
  • 4 points

At the end of that trailer I was Sheev-ering.

Grab your hovering floaty-disc office things boys... The Senate is back.

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

So now I'm very curious, will Palpatine be in the film? I think that could be cool...if they make him as cool as he was in the other films. I love Palpatine and if they mess him up I'll hate them even more than before.

So, is the feeling almost Palpable?

• 13 months ago
  • 3 points

I find it hilarious that they have to bring in older characters in order to get the fanbase interested in the series again. If Palpatine and Lando weren't in IX, would any of us really be interested in the film for the bland new characters? Honestly, the amount of character development that has gone into Rey, Finn, and Poe is enough to fit on my fingernail. Compare that to the Original Trilogy or even the Prequel Trilogy and it just becomes laughable.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Star Wars is no longer about the story, just whatever agenda or propaganda the screenwriter/director wants to throw at us at the moment. And Disney lets them get away with it because they know Star Wars can't fail, and let's be real, we'll see the movie anyway even if we think it'll be garbage.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I didn't share the exact same sentiments as you did with episode 8. I didn't really like it at all, but there were parts that were enjoyable, which is enough for me. If I'm being honest though, it really killed my hype for episode 9.

But, after seeing that trailer.... oof. My body is ready. I am very excited.

Give me Episode IX.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube