add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ryzen 5 2600 vs2600x

BigBoiKole

8 months ago

is the price differnce worth it and what other ryzen chips are good for streaming and recording

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The price increase is not worth it since the dif is negligible and you can overclock the 2600 to basicslly the same speed. The 1700 is also decent for professional streaming on a budget using x264 and ofc 2700 / 2700x. Depending on ur budget and if you want to game i would consider looking into getting a 2060 and using that to stream with nvenc.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

could i use x264 to stream with the 2600

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but im not exactly sure about the performance. Ive heard its fine for streaming but others not so much. However im fairly confident nvenc with 2060 gets good streaming performancr while gaming and it doesnt depend how much ur other programs are using thr cpu. Ask gilroar. Also you can overclock on all current ryzen mobo chipsets apart from a320 chipset. so u can on b450.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i cant overclock my ryzen 3 2200g but i heard you could

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You can

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i tried but the gigabyte bios are weird and i cant figure it out

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

is the price differnce worth it

If You add aftermarket cooling You can come close to the stock performance of the 2600X with the normal downsides of requiring silicon lottery luck, higher power draw, more heat to dissipate, and overclocking stability concerns, and losing the pricing advantage.

I would say if the choice is only between those two the extra is worth it for assured stability and overall performance increase.

and what other ryzen chips are good for streaming and recording

All of the R7 from first and second generation.

The R7 1700 currently is cheaper almost everywhere, comes with a better RGB cooler, and widens your motherboard choices with some of the nicer X370 models seeing major pricing cuts.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i have a b450 board thats not overclockable

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nHv2dX this is my base system right now so what would you reccomend

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I would drop the 8gb stick of ram since if ur only gaming and streaming you wont need more than 16gbs (if u already have it nvm), and upgrade gpu to rtx 2060 instead of upgrading cpu to 2600. Depends on ur budget tho. What monitor(s) are you using? Also if u don't have an ssd id get one for sure

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont know where to sell computer parts i want to sell the 8 gb stick and my ryzen 3 2200g

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Try ebay

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

Drop a 1700 in and run it that way the actual performance difference is very small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa8tS9v4CdA

Overclocking wise You wouldn't be able to push things far on that board but You should be able to run a all core 3.6ghz at 1.25v-1.275v or so which would easily beat the 2600X for streaming and pull pretty close to even in any titles which can scale past 6-threads.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

will the 1700 run with my am4 board

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

If this is Your board.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Motherboard Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $71.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $71.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-12 09:00 EDT-0400

Then Yes You have No worries it will run out of box perfectly fine.

If You want to really push the overclocks like 1.35v or more then it is a poor choice, that is why I suggested going for an overclock more in line with what Intel does with MCE.

Lock Your cores to the boost clock limit with a reasonable voltage just about any board should handle as it is lower then what the normal boost profiles will often use.

Check out the above review comparing the 1700 to the 2600X even though they used faster RAM on the 2600X the actual performance difference is very small. It would be easily closed when both chips are using the same RAM speeds and tuning the 1700 which has pretty decent headroom unlike the 2600X.

Edit: Just so You are aware the motherboards product page carries a list of compatible CPU and what BIOS revisions are needed for them.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10#support-cpu

1700 is supported out of box.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

im going to buy the 1700 so should i buy a new cooler or can i use the wraith spire

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube