• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Ale758 8 days ago

In my country a ryzen 2700x goes for 300 Euro but I can also get a 2700 for about 220. I wonder if the 2700 plus an aftermarket cooler, like the Cryorig h7 (+35 Euro), is a better choice than the 2700x with the stock cooler. Thank you in advance.

Eidt: I didn't mention it but I'll try to overclock to 4.1-4.2 Ghz so, silicon lottery aside, they should perform equally.

Comments Sorted by:

GeorgeReorgeRartinMartin 2 points 8 days ago

I mean from purely a price performance perspective the 2700 is probably a better value. When you start buying higher end hardware you pay a premium for that additional performance. So if you've got a strict budget, are generally value oriented , etc, then yeah, 2700.

If you want better performance than what the 2700 offers, then you have to pay for it. Which in this case means paying an extra $100 for the 2700X for an additional 10-15% performance. So the only real question is it worth it to you and where do your values lie? Performance or budget?

They're both decent enough CPU's and you'll be using them for quite a while and by the time 2700 needs replacing you probably won't be thinking, "If only I had the 2700X that would've solved all my problems."

mark5916 1 point 8 days ago

Yes you can get a 2700 plus an aftermarket cooler, as the performance difference wouldn't be that much really.

Tetsuclaw 5 Builds 1 point 8 days ago

performance difference wouldn't be that much really.

Especially after manual overclocking.

mark5916 1 point 8 days ago

Yeah, that would be even better. lol