add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I broke my CPU pin :(

xPete

7 months ago

So yea just to keep this story short.

I broke the some pins at the back of the cpu chip. its a long story so question is,

Is it rma'able or can be replace by warranty?

Comments

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

I have broken pins in past myself, in my particular case, the CPU still worked and performance seemed pretty normal. It was an i7-4790K. Maybe your CPU is not dead?

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

Youre giving me hope man ILOVEYOU!! the thing is, it is bent so I cant put it in the socket normally. I will try to warranty it first but if they dont cover it I'll try to break the bent pin so I could put it into the socket.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

just bend it back dont break it

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

Magnifying glass, pointy tweezers (https://www.amazon.com/TECKMAN-Precision-Stainless-Extension-Laboratory/dp/B07C9WRKMJ), sewing needle maybe. If you can massage it back into place that may work if you're slow, careful and patient.

I mean not like you have anything to lose.

• 7 months ago
  • 2 points

UPDATE GUYS IT'S FIIIIX YEEEHEEEY!!! HAHAHAHAHAA

Good thing theres a reliable shop owner who sells pc part around my place. Story is I was about to buy a new cpu (not from where I bought first one). as in I am going to pay for a cpu. then I just throw the question that if I bent a pin is it covered by the warranty. then his face was like bitten by a snake or something hahahaha then he told me that there was a customer who done that and he fixed it. My hope was like jumping out of my body so I told him what happen to mine. then he offer me to fix my cpu and there is a 90% chance that it will still work. so we ditch the cpu that I was about to buy and I bring over the bent cpu so yea hahahaha problem solve. thanks!

• 7 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD isn't going to cover broken pins under warranty.

The retailer might not even take a return on it with it being broken.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube