• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Northonegamer 18 days ago

So I originally paired this CPU with an x370 board being 1st gen and wanted to slightly OC it...

But then realised that the ROG MB (Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard) and GPU ( ROG RX580) are decently priced and do not effect the cost too much for me, and look way better in the NZXT h500.

What are you thoughts on getting a small OC using the above mobo with the 1700?

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 18 days ago

Go for it.

The board isn't the best choice but at the same time the first generation parts really shouldn't be pushed hard if you want them to last.

I would go for 1.2v and see how far you get if the chip is poor like mine was keep it under 1.3v.

Once you push past 1.3v temps and power usage really spike fast and things like aftermarket cooling are really going to start being needed between temps and how loud the stock cooler gets under loads.

Even with aftermarket cooling I would keep it under 1.36v-1.375v since there are too many people running into chips and motherboards failing under stress the closer you get to 1.4v+.

mark5916 1 point 18 days ago

Would work fine.

Also you could get the MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC that costs almost the same.

Lastly, if you want it cheaper, the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK would also be a good option.