add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Urgent: Does Asus RMA Cover Bent Socket Pins

GanSolo546

10 months ago

While disassembling to send in a motherboard for not sending video signal I took the CPU out and seemed to have bent a pin or two. Do they cover bent pins and will they send it back if there is a bent pin? Please help!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

TLDR no

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I doubt that a board manufacturer covers bent pins by a users fault.

Just contact Asus and claim they came bent. Maybe...

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

From the Asus motherboard manual: "Asus will shoulder the cost of repair only if the socket is damaged upon arrival. Asus will not pay for the repair of a damaged socket caused by incorrect CPU installation by the user". Or something like that.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe Asus does not cover physical damage by the user in any way shape or form. But i recommend to mail asus first and see what they have to say about it.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

ASUS won't do anything about a CPU made by another company.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for all of your help!

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

No, it does not cover direct or indirect physical damage to the socket and its pins. You can RMA the board but it will be processed as an out of warranty repair and you would communicate a charge which is based on the MSRP of the motherboard. This is generally around $75 to $150 dollars so it generally only makes sense on very expensive boards.

In most situations, if it is a pin or two you can probably use a magnifying lens and precision tweezers and make it work.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube