add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 7 2700X Clock Speeds

Junior1210

9 months ago

After building my new rig ( https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sMYTwP ), I tried out the various preset OC features just to see how they worked. I just noticed looking at HWMonitor, that at some point I had gotten (max) 4958MHz on all cores. I'm not sure which canned settings I did it with, though I think it was the 'gaming OC' option in UEFI. Max voltage on any core was 1.487V, again came from the canned option. For just regular usage I'm running at stock (no canned OC options at all) and getting around 4050MHz at 1.337V. While I'm not complaining, this feels a little off (on the high side) for what the 2700x is supposed to perform. Am I off base?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

1.487V is not safe for 2700x

1.385v is the max for the 2700x with temps under 65C

That also doesn't sound actually stable or will work.

1.487v will degrade will quickly, hell even 1.4v degrades in a decent amount of time

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed about voltages not good, but I have no idea how long they sat at that level. The only system instability I've had has been when I installed the wrong drivers (who knew Intel drivers won't work with AMD?). At some point the package hit 67C max, but normal temps are around 41C-43C.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I just noticed looking at HWMonitor, that at some point I had gotten (max) 4958MHz on all cores.

Any picture from that?

Never mind, what you see is the single core frequency, and the guy did that by enabling BLCK on his ASROck Taichi board.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8i0spx/ryzen_2700x_x470_45ghz_xfr_2_is_the_future_of/

Updated video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss&feature=youtu.be

And that's something i must definitely bookmark! :-P

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Good video links. He's running faster memory than I am (I'm using 3000 vs his 3200), and is going way deeper into UEFI than I am. All I did was in UEFI hit 'gaming oc ON', XMP enabled and restart. MSI also has Command Center and X Boost that will do the same things within W10.

I'm not an OC'er normally (which is why I went with the 2700X instead of the 2700) so I was curious if what I was seeing was typical or not.

• 9 months ago
  • 2 points

Do not use your BIOS to automatically overclock

Its just a preset

I would download Rzyen master and use PBO / XFR2 to let AMD automatically overclock not some preset

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll check that out. Thanks.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Well even if you aren't a hardcore overclocker, it seems you did an excellent job and that applies to the MSI B450I GAMING PLUS board as well. :-P

I guess you should be very proud about that particular Ryzen 2700X sample.

Have fun with your build! :)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Update; Dl'ed Ryzen Master, installed and have started trying things out slowly. Other than the transparent window which I found hard to read, it works nice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube