add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 3000

yoyoseby

8 months ago

I'm currently using an old gaming laptop but i've been planning a pc for so long. I already got half of the pieces i'm gonna use....but i was wondering one thing...should i wait for ryzen 3000 with x570 mobo or should i just go with 2700x with x470??

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 4 points

If you already have half the build purchased, that stuff isn't going to get better with age or anything so may as well get the build up and working now. Last I heard we're expecting something like a July release for Ryzen 3000.

Consider whether you have to have a 2700X...

You could always build something with a more value oriented CPU for now, which would be easier to rationalize upgrading in a year or so. The 1600, 2600, 1700 and 1700X have all been dancing around in the $130-180 range lately. For a gaming build, a 2600 will deliver about 90% of the performance at half the price.

Alternatively, consider building around something like a 9700K, which will perform better in gaming than any current gen Ryzen and isn't likely to be bested by Ryzen 3000 for gaming performance anyway.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, some new MSI 400 series chipset BIOS betas contains support for "upcoming AMD CPUs." If this follow the same schedule as last year we could be looking at as early as a late April release.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, NVM

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

In my country 9700k is 25% more high in price than 2700x...can't figure the price out in euro or dollars...but 1500 lei for 2700x and 2000 lei for 9700k....plus the z390 is more expensive too

• 8 months ago
  • 3 points

In your original post, you were talking about putting off the build until Ryzen 3000 or purchasing a flagship Ryzen now.

Buying a 2700X, is not the act of someone who is very price sensitive.

Putting off the purchase till ryzen 3000 launches suggests that you are very concerned with getting the best of the best.

Both of these considerations point to a 9700K being a great choice for you.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah indeed i want "almost the best" because the best being 9900k is way to expensive....but i've watched reviews and for 25% cost it seemed that 9700k didn't have such a great impact u know...

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

From a "Gaming" performance perspective, the 9700K is a meaningfully superior choice... 10-25% better FPS in compute bound conditions is common.

On the other hand, from a "gaming" perspective, there's almost no difference in performance between a 2700X and 2600X, they both trade blows with an i5-8400 in gaming.

The reason to buy a 2700X as a gaming CPU, is typically if you want CPU that can run games well while simultaneously doing software encoded and overlay rendered live-stream of the game.

If we take that out of the equation, then a 2600X offers basically the same result, the only way to "step up" above that by a meaningful margin, is to bump up to something like a 9700K.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I will honestly consider the 9700k...tho my ocd doesn't like the fact that it isn't hyperthreaded....

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

IMO just get a combo from MicroCenter. The Ryzen 5 1600 is $79.99 and you still get $30 off the mobo. Just get the combo now so you can stop trying to game on a laptop, and upgrade the CPU later (sell the 1600 once you get the Zen 2 Ryzen).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't buy from micro center tho...only national prices...i wasn't concerned about the prices anyways...just pure performance and waiting...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube